Happy Birthday George Harrison . .

If anyone asks me why I love music so much, I show them this video:
https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

4 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Ooops,ā€¦Suddenly we have two George Harrison-Threads :wink:.

/PederšŸ™‚

Terrible lossā€¦fantastic musician and song writer, and such a lovely guy. :heart:

What a guitar solo - Prince is just so under-rated as a guitarist.

Watched this many times but still havenā€™t worked out where Princeā€™s guitar goes?

Into the stratosphere!

I thought I caught a glimpse of a stagehand with it post-launch.

Yes his solo is KILLER!

Prince is nice but whenever I am remembering George I play this. Not the for the audio or film quality but the feelingā€¦

1 Like

According to a story I read on the ā€˜Net, Prince would have a guitar tech stationed to catch the guitar when he did this. According to the guitar tech, Prince had told him to give the guitar to Oprah Winfrey this time.
I love the look of joy in Dhani Harrisonā€™s face when heā€™s watching Princeā€™s solo.

Thatā€™s the story I heard about the ending. But apparently no rehearsals. Mike Mann did a note for note solo,s for the Eric Clspton original, then Prince just blows them all awayā€¦I never knew he was that good. Loved the look on the late great Petty as well as Dhani.

Ah very good and yes Dhaniā€™s face is a picture.

I have wondered that very same thing myself as I have watched that video multiple times.

As for GH, I read Chuck Leveallā€™s book ā€œBetween a Rock and Home Placeā€ (recommended) and he was effusive in his praise for George as a person - no ego despite being as big a star as exists in the rock/music pantheon.

Prince was a great musician and guitarist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.