Happy Mother’s Day Mum

Happy Mother’s Day Mum and thanks for everything :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Well i sent a card and called like i do every day, and my daughters too, trying ti keep their spirits up.Its very difficult…send flowers and its an unknown person at the door. So we are distancing ourselves for the time being as mum has asthma and other problems.

3 Likes

My mum died of breast cancer in 1972, just before my 11th birthday. I sometimes wonder how different life might have been had that not happened. So yes, happy Mother’s Day Mum, wherever you may be.

12 Likes

Mine just managed to get out of Gran Canaria 4 days after they were due to leave. Spoke to her as they finally left Manchester airport for North Wales but have Ieft them to have an early night. Trip was meant to be an easy going break after his cancer treatment. Wasn’t their best decision; certainly didn’t go to plan and cost them a fortune but tbh it’s just nice to have them back.

4 Likes

My Mum died last year. She was 92 and very frail. She died in her own own home which she wanted, and I was with her (just the two of us, a humbling experience). I’m glad she isn’t here for all this, her life (such as it would be) would be utterly miserable.

She was a proud ex-WREN and loved the sea.

Sail on, old girl :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Reflective comments above. My mum died in her sleep with an un-diagnosed heart issue, she knew nothing and would have drifted away. She had a long healthy life IMO. My father however, had a stroke and was bed ridden for four years till his death. That was sadder than my mum leaving us in a way. Happy mothers day though.

4 Likes

Love, respect and look after your parents. There is nothing greater then your Mum and your Dad.

3 Likes

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

― Mark Twain

2 Likes

In Italy the party occurs on May 10!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.