Happy with the new Naim update

Sauron would see you and smite you in the blink of an eye. Saurons eye.

Tomorrow we will know how good Sauron will be doing ā€¦ last episode in season 2 :grinning:

Updated NDX2 with the new firmware & the latest App update. I do hear some sound improvements as noted by others, however, a number of issues.

1. NDX2 randomly rebooted itself, unplugged and restarted, not happened since.
  2. Playing randomly pauses at the end of an album track for no apparent reason, have to close and restart the album from where it stopped.
  3. App shows wrong time length for track, App time mark gets to the end and but track continues to play?

Clearly still some bugs in the firmware update

Try turning off the NDX2 completely, ie turn off the XPS, then let it reboot. That may fix the problem. If it doesnā€™t then do a factory reset via the front panel menu. Hopefully it will then be ok.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Nice! Iā€™m sure Neotech would love to use it in their coming commercials :joy:

Exactly, this update with hires makes the streamer to the level for Neotech. :grin:

1 Like

Great :heart_eyes:

New firmware is in my ears:

• more detailed
  • more airy especially in mids and high frequencies
  • more dynamic with a bit harder on the transients
  • wider and deeper in soundstage
  • sound is more live like and less relaxing.

Itā€™s a bit more involving - demanding when sitting on the sofa.

So far really good.
Too bad that I can not compare with the old one (or the opposite - very that I can not)

4 Likes

@drago good summary. I completely agree with your assessment.

Less relaxing is the downside. Think I preferred the SQ before the update because of that.

Thereā€™s always NDS for those liking the organic relaxed sound :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Still finding the new sound a little sharp?

On the downside it can be a little sharper - more edges.
But on the other hand these edges bring air and the more forward sound.
I loved the relaxing sound my system had before but I missed the involvement in some cases. The cases when you do other things while listening (like typing right now) and the music is jumping the cue!
But certainly I am also in doubt ā€¦
But ā€¦ we canā€™t go back.

1 Like

Yes a tad but your brain works in mysterious ways so I might well get used to it and never look back! More time required

1 Like

Brain always adapts

1 Like

Only time will tell I guess

Fingers crossed

1 Like

You have a 222
My guess was that naim was adapting classic streamers to nc signature.
Currently listening to Lambchop /ohio / Ohio (1st song)
Goosebumpsā€¦ here it is really better

And I believe that to be a blessing in itself.

What if it sounded better and you cannot downgrade, for one? Not that I think it is the case this time.

But mostly the joy of the music is in our minds and even if a placebo effect of a new update makes it sound better, is that not already an improvement. I think technical comparisons between the two will only lead to less enjoyment in general.

But this is IMHO.

3 Likes

iā€™ve been away from home for a while this week, does anybody know if the update has hit the '222 yet?