Harbeth Compact 7 nap 200

Is the nap 200 sufficient to drive the Harbeth compact 7. I have now a Supernait 1, but i have a deal for a nac 282.

Really not sure ,but I ran m 30.1 with a 200 and then 250 dr and both sounded wonderful . If You have any “plans” to upgrade over the years, I’d try to stretch now and go for a 250 also. Primarily, with all the new equipment and lots of upgrades going on should be a better than usual assortment and pricing around. Good luck and enjoy :slight_smile: Wish I could make you a deal on my equipment. But so be it, but I still think now is a good time to search out 2nd hand equipment.

I was thiking of the nap200 for powering thé 282, because i dont have a hicap. Do s the Supernait could power the 282? 282 and Supernait as the amp?

I ran a Compact 7 XD with a SN2. It was PLENTY to drive it.

Yes you can power a 282 with a supernait.

1 Like

I have a Supernait 1 and no hicap…

Yes, I know- a supernait can power a 282, the connections are described in that post.

I’ve edited to put “supernait”, 1/2/3 all work the same way.
“ You’ll need to remove the link plug on the supernait and use a SNAIC4 cable to connect between the supernait power amp in socket and the 282 Standard socket (and put the supernait into Power Amp mode)”

1 Like

Thank you Robert.

If you’re looking for a 200 try to find a later DR version. In this case the DR spec applies only to the built in power supply that runs the preamp. Still not as good as a Hicap, but 282/200DR is nevertheless a very good amp.

1 Like

Would a 282 nap200 dr better than a Supernait 1 with a ndx2?

1 Like

Yes, I think you’ll find it a big improvement.

I think the NAP 200 will work just fine but if you like to play your music pretty loud then I think you will not hear the true potential of the speakers unless you go up to at least NAP 250. I would personally choose a serviced Olive NAP 250 if budget is tight.

Personally I much preferred Harbeth 30.2 being driven from NAP 135s than the NAP 250DR which proved to me that Harbeths love power.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.