Has anyone had Lingo 1 serviced?

I am booking in my Lingo 1 for a service. As far as I know it has never been serviced for 30 years so I would imagine they’d be an improvement. Darren at Class A also provides an IEC upgrade which I am going for. This means that it won’t affect Naim equipment if plugged into the same radial/ ring main circuit.

I’m looking forward to the upgrade with my Linn LP12, Cirkus, Akito (serviced and upgraded by Audio Origami), Kore, Dynavector 10X5, Graham Slee Reflex M phonostage.

Let me know if you are a Lingo 1 owner and if you have had a service and what you found when you had it done.

Exciting times!

I had mine done a couple of years ago by Class A. At the same time Class A serviced my 82, 250 and Hi-cap. I was very pleased, as the improvement in sound was remarkable. I could hear a lot more detail in the music and it made me realise how much my system’s sound had tailed off over the years. Given that I had the amps serviced at the same time, how much of the improvement was down to the Lingo service I couldn’t say.

1 Like

Thanks @Neil-26, that sounds very encouraging. The rest of the system has been serviced so this will be the last thing to be done. Would like a Radikal at some point but think that getting this done will make an improvement.

In these uncertain times at least Darran is still servicing which is brilliant news!

Looking forward to seeing the difference.

He did mine 4 years ago. Excellent.

1 Like

Even if it does me a few years will be worth it. Will be easier to sell on with a nice service record!

A Radikal would be nice, but I might eventually go for a Lingo 4 given the difference in price.

2 Likes

I’ve listened to the Linn Lp12 Klimax and it made me want it tbh. Dealers recommended the Radikal as the next step of my journey before improving anything else.

2 Likes

Your Lp12 is where I want to be! Bet it sounds awesome.

1 Like

Darran at Class-A serviced mine a couple of years ago. He also did some kind of modification to make it more compatible/better with my Naim system. I’m afraid I can’t recall what this entailed but it certainly sounds better!

2 Likes

I believe it’s the IEC upgrade which is stipulated on his website, which is what I’m going for.

2 Likes

The web site states: " We now have stock of the Lingo 1 mains inlet without the filter.
This will cure the problem of interference and sound degradation when used with Naim equipment
This can be fitted as part of a service"

2 Likes

Good move @anon56864344. That is the route I will go down and get a used Radikal. Then probably change to Ekos 1, 2 or SE and catridge and phonostage. Just gonna pace things out though. For now L1 service makes sense.

1 Like

What order did you do your upgrades ? I had a long chat with guys at Audio T and they advised me to get LP12 up to Klimax level with my system before going for 552 and 500! If I ever get to that stage. Point they were making was source first!

Nice to hear your upgrade path. Maybe I should go Ekos route first. Kore made a big difference but see you skipped that.

Very interesting about the Krystal cartridge. Your mate must have been gutted.

Been looking at used Ekos 1s and 2s as well as SE on favourite auction site.

Was thinking Radikal first. Not so sure now. What’s given the biggest improvement for you?

My nearest dealer is Audio T Brighton who previously installed the Kore and Cirkus kit, carried out service and fitted Lingo 1. I’m gonna leave it a few years as I had my tonearm upgraded and serviced by Audio Origami just 18 months ago.

Will speak to Cymbiosis as well and get on the list when I am ready. I’ve bought stuff from there as well. Very good service.

1 Like

Lingo 1 is being shipped to Darran at Class A tomorrow. Very excited!

2 Likes

There is a simple test.

Have the Lingo connected to your system and powered up.
Listen to another source, such as cd.
The unplug the Lingo from the mains and listen to the source again, do you notice any difference ?

2 Likes

The Lingo 1 is now back from Darran at Class A. Will take some time at the weekend to see how it sounds. Have missed the of my LP12 very much over the last week or so.

1 Like

That’s great. Just in time for the weekend. Hope it was worth it.

1 Like

A case of maintenance, resale futureproofing and enjoyment! Until I can save up and get the Radikal! :grinning: