HDtracks.com and .co.uk

Do you need to get a separate account with HDtracks.com and HDtracks.co.uk?
Their .com has the following LP but aparently not their .co.uk site!
Album:
Riding With The King
Artist:
B.B. King
Label:
Reprise
Format:
FLAC
Audiophile
88/24

0 Likes

I don’t know the answer to your specific question but perhaps the UK site has it listed under Eric Clapton?

0 Likes

Simple answer is Yes.
However you are not permitted to go into .com as its the USA site, music royalties, licencing law & HDTracks pricing is different between USA & UK & the HDTracks website redirects your UK identifier to .co.uk.

I have an account with both as I ‘have’ a US e-mail & postal address

1 Like

Technically - yes.
US site is generally cheaper and has larger discounts / special offers. So I tend to use that one.

1 Like

Do you use a VPN?

0 Likes

Likewise I tend to favour the US site and have bought a few albums where high res versions weren’t available outside of the US. VPN used here.

1 Like

I can set up a VPN via my employer. But I rarely use that.

0 Likes

It’s very easy to set up a VPN on an iPhone or computer. You can tell it to use a server in the US, or whatever location is relevant.
Sometimes there are additional restrictions, such as needing to use a payment card from the same country, but the seller may or may not impose this.

1 Like

Yes - VyprVPN for Mac and iOS.

Comes in very handy when travelling all over the world. Works in China too :slight_smile:

0 Likes

but how use a credit card which is registered in Europe ?

0 Likes

I guess you would just have to try it and see. There may be licensing or other restrictions that prevent the US site from selling in Europe, but they are a business, and if they want your money, they may not enforce that beyond looking at your location, which is masked by the VPN.

0 Likes

Use PayPal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i entered an adress in us , with us telephone, paid by paypal. It worked the first time but after they sent me a message that i can’t buy outside us. I should perhaps change my adress on paypal and registered with the us ( not true) adress?

0 Likes

Is it easy to create a VPN? on pc?

0 Likes

the problem with hdtracks for me is that you have to buy the entire album, not like on qobuz or bandcamp, where you can buy individual tracks.

0 Likes

Yes, I use ExpressVPN, which has a free trial, and you can use it on multiple devices, computer, phone etc. Just choose a US based server from the list it gives you.

1 Like

And that’s why I don’t use them anymore. Their prices are rarely competitive and I object to getting a lower “discount” than US-based customers. I’ve also found some of their hi-res downloads are just upscale 16/44 versions. I find highresaudio.com far better.

0 Likes

Logged into VPN over weekend. .co.uk was 40 quid for an album. Bought it off US site (.com) and with 15% off got it for half price (£20.98). We are definitely being ripped off!

0 Likes

closed #19

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes