HDX still good?

thx- guess this is the dark site of computer audio :wink:

If someone can found a component for 500 pounds that has all the functions of the Hdx and perform better, I will offer him a bottle of champagne . :joy:

1 Like

now, I would go for an Aurender ACS…

Sure a vortex box. Which will also run roon. Do you want my address for the champagne ? :grin:

To be honest - I do not know any of the newer stuff you mentioned.
I put a bottle of champagne on top, as I can save a lot of money. Here Around the hdx prices just went up … better ones are offered around 2000€.

There has been a software update to 1.7c recently - bug fix only but fine.

What’s the point when there is old software on board, but still running fine.
I am just in re activation period of my 30 years old turntable. There also electronics on board. Hmmm… I see no need for update to newer tech - still spinning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, what a response! I agree with Drago & French Rooster; if someone offered me an HDX for less than £500, I’d bite their hand off! No wonder there are so few advertised privately; you’re all hanging on to them! (for good reason). I don’t believe the electronics get worse and I still prefer Windows XP so you’ve convinced me to keep searching (for a bargain!). Cheers.

1 Like

When I bought the hdx I had the following system
72/hc/250 with CDx plus XPs (the latter with fresh service)

Made the update to hdx/dac/XPs and was simply stunned. A great jump from cdx. Much more involving.
Look for an dac as well - they are made for each other.

Just checked our local prices… they have risen again. Maybe because of very few to be offered.

Good suggestion. I used mine with ndac/555ps for a while and it was excellent.

G

1 Like

can you connect a HDX SSD to NAS with- let’s say- 4TB of music?

I was a second away of updating to 555ps, but as it was without possibility of home testing. Was afraid of getting more accurate but less dominant bass. Bass is the Achilles verse of my room acoustics :slight_smile:

1 Like

What else would you expect? A CDX is just a 20 year old computer with a CD reader stuck on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It has a ripper, a dac, a server, a nas, and analog outputs, all in one box, and with a sound quality like the Ndx or Cdx2?

Recalling from memory, I’d say comparable to CDX2

1 Like

I would say even better than this…

@frenchrooster
Your post made my day :smile:

2 Likes

I use an NS01 ,I went for it over HDX due to having no screen , the screen in the HDX do seem fragile.It does not sound as good as an HDX via analogue out , but with an external dac , they match each other for sound quality. Using an ND5X and the NSO1 as ripper server sounds superior to the NS01 . It has become an expensive nas ,but at a value of say £600 it’s not worth parting with for the excellent job it does

1 Like

Connect…how and for what purpose?

Yes.

Aurender’s sound awesome. They also allow expansion and playing music off a Nas. I had an Aurender N100h feeding the Dac in a Devialet D200, sounded wonderful

Playing music from NAS- so my point was if there is a limit like max.2TB external storage. The internal SSD is not that big…Preformatted text

It was absolutely my understanding that the preference was to have a NDX to run alongside your HDX as it sounds much better?

Regarding the rest yes, either VortexBox or Daphile in a suitable box is all those things, plus roon, plus tidal, plus spotify, etc