Headphones under £500?

Deleted, please remove.

2 Likes

……,

Deleted, please remove.

2 Likes

…….

I agree with Stephen. I am using the Grado SR325e with my Supernait 3. Sounds great. I also have an NDX2.

2 Likes

Not the most comfortable of cans, but they really do sound nice with the NDX 2 & SN3.

1 Like

I don’t find them too bad, certainly more comfortable than my B&W PX phones. The most comfortable pair I currently have are the Sony wh-1000xm3. The Grados sound better, but there isn’t a huge amount in it, although that was via a Fiio hi-res player. I need to try the Sonys on the SN3.

I’d imagine that the more recent incarnations of the Sonys would be just as comfortable, and maybe the OP should consider these. Certainly, well within budget.

2 Likes

……

2 Likes

I am using the Sundara with my XS2. Very enjoyable, easily driven by XS2 and currently discounted in US to $299.

1 Like

….,

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort Q35 II. Very comfy, has no harshness, and is easy to listen to. I had a pair of Grado 125, which has better clarity but is uncomfortable.

1 Like

I have some Grado 325x’s, love the sound. One thing, go for the ‘L’ pads, comfort with the std pads was terrible, after 10-15 mins things hurt. That being said, everyone is different.

……,

Hi Trevor, one you don’t see get much mention are 1More, I’ve got both the on ear triple driver model and the quad IEM’s. Both offer great sound and brilliant value for money, their build construction and overall packaging is excellent.

The on ear are very comfortable, both models have been very well reviewed in Hi-Fi plus over the years.

Well within your budget and a bit of a bargain.

Trevor

Sound performance is irrelevant if the headphones you buy aren’t comfortable so I would be really careful buying any without trying. Weight and also ‘fit’ vary a great deal between models. Many retailers offer a free return period for that reason if you can’t get a demo.

Bruce

It’s Suth asking about the Headphones Trevor was responding with the Beyer suggestion. Thanks for the advice!!!

1 Like

I have a pair of Amirons and yes, they are very comfortable indeed. However, they do leak sound and really they are best matched with something like a Headline headphone amp (developed on Beyer 'phones IIRC).

Have you considered the Focal Elegia? Closed back, relatively easy to drive, and should be available for well under £500.

3 Likes

Hi Richard,
That is a headphone I have looked at!

My problem is finding somewhere that lets you try before you buy.

Hi seth
I use the Amirons with a Uniti 2 and they work fine. Plenty of volume if required.
Yes they are open backed and there is a degree of sound leakage. May be annoying for someone else in the room if you listen at high volume but my wife is upstairs asleep and have never had any complaints.

1 Like

Hi Robbo1
I too had the same problem with the Grados. Sounded great but after 10mins one of my ears really hurt. Returned them for the Amirons. You would never know you have them on they are so comfortable.

2 Likes