Headphones

You’ll want to use the single-ended input (RCA Phono) on the Zen Can as that’s what the tape out of the NAC202 outputs.

The FAQ will help you here;

Hi Richard, at the moment I connect my NAC202 to the Zen Can using the 2 RCA Phono inputs. Are you saying that I can no longer do this and must use the single ended input if I connect the HD600s balanced to the Can?

Nope, your already connected just right. When I refer to balanced I mean the connection between the headphone amp and the headphones. But don’t think it’s always going to be the best way to go as may not be.

An unsung hero in the Sennheiser line is the HD58x Jubilee that Drop sells, now incredibly cheap at $129. Such a no brainer. I have done a decent amount of listening to the HD600 and HD650 and prefer the 58x - a bit warmer and more natural to me. European made even. I listen to it at my office on a Chord Mojo streaming off my Android phone.

I see they’ve sold 72k pair, so they are doing something right.

2 Likes

Balanced cable arrived today and the sound is now seriously good! Best of both worlds, with a 5 metre cable no need for an extension lead. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

What is the max length of a good headphone cable? I’ve a 3 metres long one and in some occasions its just too short.

I’ve always had to use an extension cable as 3m was too short. Never struck on the quality of the extension but that’s academic now as the new balanced cable is 5m and seems very well made.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.