Help. I inherited a Naim Uniti MK1 and I cant get ot to work properly

Naim Germany resp. their distributor (Music Line) charged me €360,00 last year for screen replacement and full service of a SuperUniti, a device which has similar issues with the display. Went through an authorized dealer obviously.

There’s no problem getting a replacement screen for a SuperUniti.

Hi
I had my screen replaced on the same unit took it to Sevenoaks hi fi they charged £180 with postage sent to naim but naim will only accept it with the original packaging.
Hope this helps

No problem with Naim changing the screen on any Uniti if it’s got the 192/24 board, which they can’t source to retrofit any more.

You Brits are really lucky

I was quoted double that price for doing my UQ1, making it more expensive than the box is worth to be honest.

Could I advise that, to help prolong the life of the cdp that when you remove the magnetic puck that you “lever” it off using fingertips, holding the base plate down, rather than just pulling it upwards.
The strength of the magnet helped the bottom drive plate to separate, so no rotational drive, and if they fail they’re difficult to replace.
The Uniti 1 is so flexible, I sometimes wish I still had mine ( when the cdp drive failed as mentioned and I thought it couldn’t be repaired I replaced it with a Star, but Naim came to the rescue).
Good luck with yours, eurorider.

We often forget that these forums are multinational. It must be a real pain trying to get the service required at a huge mark up. Don’t know what to suggest but to say that I feel your pain.

Yeah, the Oled screen issue was never Naim’s best hour, their recent service price increases doesn’t help neither.

Where are you located? Prices and convenience vary per country.

Oh and Uniti 1 is great if in good shape.

Well, I am overwhelmed by the friendliness oand helpfulness of all of you people here.
A massive thank you from me.
Sadly, this story doesnt have a great ending.
I took the device to Sevenoaks Sound and Vision and they ewre hugely helpful.
I was willing to buy a box from Naim and send the device to them for a new screen and update. They quoted me about £250 all in.
Naim dont have the parts needed and wont for probably a year !!

I just read about the french guy on ebay, but to be honest, thats beyond my capabilities to fit a new one.

Thanks again to all of you.

1 Like

Hang in there. Assuming you’re in the UK, there may well be some interesting news coming up next week for owners of older Unitis.

3 Likes

Is that older Uniti owners or owners of older Unitis? Maybe a special Naim bus pass.

2 Likes

The trade in deal is already live on dealer websites, facebook etc…….nice deal-if the new product is what you want, though i am sure there can be some flexibility. Time to call a Naim dealer like Sevenoaks etc

1 Like

If anyone is interested, here is the July deal. I can’t help thinking people would do better to drive a discount and sell on eBay, but not everyone is happy doing that.

1 Like

FYI

The nice thing about is that all you have to do is supply the serial number……you could then keep the old Uniti until Naim have parts?

See here;

Gazza, the negotiation is between the customer and the dealer. Naim just help with the trade-in value. The dealer takes in the traded in item - Naim just require a serial number for their records. It’s up to the dealer what they do with the traded in item.

1 Like

Perhaps just my dealer not wanting a lot of old stock taking up room.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.