Help please - UnitiServe T2

Can I suggest the ‘old trick’ in the meantime then?

Please shut down all your network devices, including the router / switch.
Start up sequence should than be:

1. Modem
  2. Switch
  3. UnitiServe
  4. Other network devices

It appears to, but that doesn’t give me access to the download folders

The Mac as well?

No, it’s not intended to, just wanted to see that it is finding the US correctly.

Adam must be busy. But he means yes the Mac too.

Best
David

1 Like

It’s a big job in house over a few levels with lots of stuff plugged in and a wireless network as well. Done, still no luck. The Mac simply says “connection failed”. When I click on the “connect as” icon I get the sign in which just shakes and won’t connect. See below.

It’s always asked for a sign in, but always let me in as a guest.

Thanks - I will be home in a couple of hours (currently at work).
Thanks for the screenshots - that actually helps me a lot.

Please leave everything as it is for now. I will revert with (hopefully) some insights…

1 Like

Excuse me, but where do i find this update?
Searched the Software updates page, but there is 1.7b the latest.
And whats benefits of this update?

Got it from my dealer, I was unaware there was one. Just happened to call in re something else.

It’s mainly to fix an issue that causes online metadata lookups to be rather slow. Worth doing, ask Naim or your dealer if you can’t download it.

It’s ‘by request only’ - you need to contact Naim who will instruct you how to upload it.
As part of the Beta testing programme, I’ve been using it for almost 1 year now. It’s stable and no issues.
So Naim offer it on ‘per-request’ basis as the upload process requires burning an image on a CD-ROM and working from that. Not many people have seen CD-ROMs as of late.

Essentially what 1.7c does it changes the AMG lookup and introduces other sources of metadata.
So it’s quite an essential update for the UnitiServe.

That makes sense as it hasn’t been tagging things as it should recently.

Apologies for the delay.
One thing that I cannot check is the direct-from-Finder access as my UnitiServe is an SSD version, so I use a NAS as a music repository.
However, I would actually start with the US settings - double checking that network shares are still enabled, after the 1.7c upgrade. I noticed that the upgrade did change few settings on my US and I had to ‘restore’ them to the way I had it setup before.

There are two alternative ways of accessing the UnitiServe - n-Serve app for Mac or directly via the web browser. You’d need to know the local IP address of your UnitiServe and just type it into the Safari’s address window.

Here are the things worth checking - please see the images:

I have just received naim cd rom for update at 1.7c. I’m afraid at this point to do it …

You’ll be fine, just do it!

Sorry my distributor has tried to connect to the server today and failed ( got into my network remotely). He seems to think it’s a location issue. I’m going to upgrade a few network switches and cables and see if that helps. I’ve also attached a few images to see if there’s something you can see. But it seems I can’t access it by the iMac or my work pc. Thanks for your help.

Are you saying that you cannot connect as a Guest, as shown in your second pic? That should allow you to see the US music folders.

That’s right I can’t. Not sure why yet. Could be network could be something else. :thinking:

Yes I agree with ChrisSU. It will be fine. Since the AMG metadata service closed the Unitiserve tends to collect lists of AMG-related tasks that can never work and this really hampers the metadata lookup function. The 1.7c update resolved several problems the lack of AMG can cause and releases the Unitiserve to regard Rovi as it’s primary metadata lookup.

It’s well worth doing, especially if your metadata lookup has become slow or generally unhelpful.

Best

David

Can you access your UnitiServe by typing its IP address into SAFARI?