Hicap DR Effect

Now after finally getting my hands on a pre loved Snaic 4
Really enjoying the added benefits from the Hicap DR with my XS2.

Bottom end is a lot tighter with greater definition and impact.
Soundstaging is bigger, more open than before.
Clarity, imaging and extra finer details have improved dramatically.
Vocals sound more organic, less forced.

Overall the XS2 sounds more in control and less wayward than before.

Really glad that I finally took the plunge and went with the Hicap DR.

9 Likes

Congratulations! I really enjoyed the HiCapDR on the XS2.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re all sorted. Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Don’t forget the inky blackness!

1 Like

And the lifted veil…

2 Likes

For me it is more of a case of better imaging and a cleaner definition of instruments.
Vocals are slightly less forced, better balanced. Allowing the rest of the soundstage more emphasis.

2 Likes

I suppose the case and fascia of the Hicap DR do have sort of a nice “inky blackness” to them. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes but it is only inky blackness, true blackness is invisible.

1 Like

I’ve got 2 HCDRs on my 282.
It give double blackness.

2 Likes

:clap: :rofl:

1 Like

Yup. Lovely upgrade. Anyone who says it makes a NAIT XS 2 sound manic is not loving the Naim way IMHO. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Yes, I do notice that a lot have described the HC paired with a Nait XS to be “manic”. I’m just a bit confused on what the word means in terms of sound character. Does it mean more “shouty” (which I think is not so good), or more dynamic (which I think is good)?

The only time I can recall my Nait XS2 being “Manic” sounding, and pretty awful really. Was when paired with a pair of Focal Aria 926s I had recently home demoed. :scream:

So the manic sound could be a system matching issue, definitely not the XS2 - HCDR pairing.

1 Like

Well done! I also have a HC DR serving my XS amp, despite is not a very popular combination, i reckon it brought better control and oomph to the amp. I’ d also try a Powerline if you want to maximize the performance of your system

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.