High End Munich 2023

So you believe it looks worse than the original?

It’s hard to say for certain, as this seems a 3D rendering, but I probably prefer this incarnation over the original.

So you prefer the vintage Thorens reference?

2 Likes

FR…do you have a special search engine, one that looks for unattractive hi-fi?

6 Likes

I guess you are not a guy interested by the Munich show, where there will be among a hundred of different turntables, that you will probably find all ugly. Apart Rega or Linn.

2 Likes

Do they use the same industrial designer as DeWalt?

5 Likes

Yes, here the DeWalt linear tracking arm. An upgrade for the Thorens reference.

43 Likes

Nice one FR.

2 Likes

This looks more as looking at the object than that it can play music….

Incorrect. I have tried many different brands over the years (43 of them) but have never purchased anything I consider ugly. Rega is a relatively new brand to me (10 yrs), prior to this I spent approx 30 yrs virtually limited to Naim and Linn.

I thought it was a Naim DeWalt cooperation where the latter were doing a limited edition transport for the new classic series NDAC🤣

1 Like

Isn’t the tool for Authorised modifications?

Maybe folks that can afford one?

1 Like

Monitor audio speakers will launch their top of the range Hyphn. Original look.

IMG_2221

What is it with hi end turntables some of them look like they’d take over your house while you’re a sleep. Others look like you’d need an engineering degree to operate them. Obviously there’s no shortage of drugs in these R and D departments.

Not hard to understand why the Linn is so widely embraced.

2 Likes

Indeed. Money can’t buy taste.

1 Like

Its a completely different world that not many on here will be even slightly interested in.
I on the other hand am looking forward to what manufacturers of hi end hi fi gear have come up with.
Yes some off it is mental, and well over priced. But there will be some very good new gear announced at the show.

4 Likes

Very True

Have you seen the system pics thread?

3 Likes

Good god. that’s fuggly. :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes

I love that word - fuggly, it says soo much. :grin:

1 Like