High End Munich 2023

Well the Church is very clever when it comes to fundraising :rofl:

It must of been very difficult if you got to the end of the 30 days and didn’t get a pardon…

This sorta looks like a Richard Mille watch.

2 Likes

Haha! That I didn’t know.

Interesting interview running currently with Al di Meola. He announces a new acoustic double album to come out end of this year beginning of next year, seems to become an audiophile treat.

1 Like

Meanwhile, in Munich this afternoon.

20 Likes

These beauties should be present at the show. New Sonus Faber Stradivari. I would be really surprised if someone says here they are awful. But we never know.

Are you there @BertBird ? Listening probably to the new 300 series.

5 Likes

In the old forum days a member that some us who used to know him quite well, had a cds3+555ps, 552 and 300 along with Sonus Faber Amatis Anniversario. Who used to call them the goddesses :joy:
In his living room, the result was very good.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll bite.

Can’t say they’re beautiful. A lot of baffle, so quite intrusive, and then those finishes, all of them glossy and dark. Why not do a, more subtle, light one ?

And that tweeter assembly reminds me a bit too much of a Santana album cover.

1 Like

Right now was only open to the industry, tomorrow we are allowed to come as well and that’s where I will visit the show, and of course I will listen to the 300

6 Likes

I agree. They look like what Focal Utopia speakers might morph into, in your worst nightmare.

For me they are probably the nicest speakers I know, with Kharma and Diapason Dynamis, shown here:

1 Like

Edouard in Paris (?)
Thinking of him has me remembering my old friend Geoff in the UK
Unfortunately a number of veteran forum members no longer participate - quite a wealth of knowledge lost.

Best
Gregg

4 Likes

Ah, Edouard. His room always looked so nice. He had a baby grand too, if I recall correctly. I thought Geoff lived in the Netherlands, and he went to school with John Surman, the sax player.

1 Like

Are they open baffle?

Or just lacking depth?

Whatever they are, they’re £45k. Which is a lot.

2 Likes

Indeed.

Hopefully they just got tired of us rather than anything more serious.

.sjb

4 Likes

Yes. I don’t hear from him anymore but understand from Geoff that he is happily spending lots of time at a beautiful place on the west coast of France. I remember our visit to Paris after he bought his speakers.
I still keep in touch with Geoff who still lives in the Netherlands. Went up there for the Andras Schiff concert in Eindhoven.
I think many of the older forumites helped shape my HiFi and music journey which is a lot richer for it.
We are all aging, but music is still thankfully a big part of our lives.

4 Likes

Just lacking depth I feel.

IMG_2244

2 Likes

Hopefully Munich 2023 has thought of you this time. Western electric will be pleased to send you their flagship R2- D2 speakers. I am sure your wife will enjoy.

:joy:

2 Likes

40th minute )