Home wifi in 2019?

It’s all very well suggesting all these POE AP’s but no one has mentioned that you cant just use any old POE switch.

Simon
Can you recommend a Ubiquiti AP for outside (sheltered) use to connect wireless to my Unifi set up. I have 3 wired APs and would like to extend network to garden in this nice weather.
I currently use Sonosnet to bridge to Apple airport to achieve this. I am looking to get it all within the Unifi system.

Many thanks for your great input on this and many other related topics, I am sure we are all the wiser for your efforts.

Cheers

CK

UniFi have an AP Outdoor model… I haven’t used it, but see no reason why it wouldn’t be ideal

The single ubiquity aps usually come with an poe injector in the box so you don’t have to have a poe switch. I don’t think this applies to the five pack of ac lites

I have three ac pros and three UniFi switches making up my network I also plumbed for a second hand cloud key as well, its very good kit, sadly their router solution is not a patch on untangle so I have not gone all ubiquiti

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.