Hoped for a better year end

Well done, to both… :grin:

1 Like

Hi Iver,

Good to hear that you experienced excellent service :ok_hand:
Did you arrange this service through the shop from Leidschendam?

1 Like

Yep @Kacper

1 Like

Glad it will be sorted out soon, Iver.

You are lucky! :smiley: My -pre- went for service too (probably volume pot issue) and they didn’t have anything spare for me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Today they provided me with their spare amp (pre) too, music plays at home again :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I wonder what percentage of 552s ever sold did NOT develop a problem with the relay. Seems like a really common problem.

1 Like

I know of at least three owners of Naim in my area who had the relay probleem last year. Even with my brand new NDX. So Naim schould solve this because this is costing Naim money for repairs and is very bad for the brand name. One of the reasons I do not buy some brands is they have a bad reputation. Ofcourse something can go wrong and mostly the dealers are there for us but the relay problem is for me a reason not to upgrade with Naim on this moment.

I don’t see it as that much of an issue. Things can always go wrong and as long as the vendor has a decent support/repair process, Inam perfectly fine. I can’t count the number of Naim pieces I held anymore, the last few years. Never an issue. I see my bas luck as examplary.
Iver

1 Like

Fantastic ! It appears I may have the relay issue for the second time with my 552. All fine a couple of days ago. Go to watch the TV today and noticed the surround sound was a little odd. A check on all the speakers and the right hand front channel is dead. All fine on two channel which is exactly what happened last time.

My 552 was brand new less than two years ago so to have this happen twice, on the same input/ channel is more than a little disappointing.

1 Like

@Buryfc ouch; bad luck for you. It should of course not happen with such an expensive, hand-made machine. Yet, things break and it is what it is. What positively surprised me is that the local distributor here has engineers that repair it, so the 552 didn’t need to be send to the Naim factory (timely process). I hope I have mine back in a week or so.
Iver

That sucks big time

1 Like

It’s back! surprised about my self that it feels like I see my son again after 3 weeks holidays :slight_smile:

The 552 has a new relay and the 300PS got a service
the also lent me a pair of SuperLumina Mono XLS-Din to test since it would create a “full loom”
Perfect service and happy
Iver

4 Likes

Hello,
Was it Latham in NL who actually did the repair for you?
Thanks and brgds.

1 Like

@Magnolia yep, they did repair and service

They also did a full (!) rebuild of my system: cable dressing wonderfully done now. Real top service

Iver

2 Likes

They have repaired my -pre - ( volume pot issue ) and I got him back too … great job :clap:!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer. I have contacted them with an enquiry.
Brgds.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.