House fuse "clicks" off when switching on naim

Yes I do agree that the OP should consult a qualified electrician who knows the local regulations.

But the theory behind type C breakers is quite simple and in fact it’s rather similar to the way that Naim use slow blow equipment fuses. In both cases the steady current limit is unchanged so the house wiring and Naim product is protected and in both cases the transient current at switch on doesn’t blow the fuse or trip the breaker.

The reason that type C breakers aren’t routinely fitted is that most houses are not going to see the switch on peaks such as a Naim system causes and in those houses a transient peak might be something to be concerned about.

4 Likes

Thanks - you know some of this stuff!

I also have contacted the manufacturer of Klangmodul and Phonosophie. Both are offering audiophile fuses. Phonosophie has a porcelain type - not sure that every electrician will put it in.

The standard one (my house uses common ABB ones) will be available as C-Type. And even if it seems to be a newer type, I do not think that this will hardly have any effect on the sound. Hope so :slight_smile: