How do I copy music from my Mac to the Uniti Core

For music I would look at Asset rather than Plex, and use dBpoweramp for ripping. You can trial these, ripping on a PC or Mac, and storing/serving on a NAS such as QNAP or Synology.
If you want a proprietary ripper/server look at Innuos, or maybe Melco, but I would trial them before you commit to spending large sums of money, especially given the genres of music you listen to.
Likewise, you may find Roon is a good alternative, although I have no idea how it, or any of these options, would cope with Indian classical.

Yes, Thank you. This is what I realised browsing this very useful forum. I’ve downloaded Asset and am running a trial on my MacBook (prevented from sleeping for the day!). Looks promising. Have to figure out how to get album artwork to load and show up in the Naim app.

Thank you Chris. As I said in the earlier reply to nbpf I realised that Asset and MinimServer would be worth a look. I looked at both and found Asset more approachable. I’m trying that out now trying to figure things out. Just so I know I’m not missing something are there features only in the paid version and not in the trial version? Such as getting album art visible in the Naim app?

• Vikas

If album artwork is available in your music collection, it should show up in your control point automatically. I have very little experience with Asset, MinimServer makes available album album and booklets automatically. The booklets can then be opened in the control point (tablet, mobile phone) in a .pdf reader. If you check MinimServer, make sure that you do so for the new MinimServer 2, see https://minimserver.com/minimserver2/index.html.

Thank you.

I finally got around to installing and trying our MinimServer 2. While the interface isn’t as good as Asset it also seems to work well - again except for album artwork. I know the artwork is these because I can see it in iTunes - and in Plex. So I don’t know why Asset and MinimServer.

Which interface is not as good as Asset? Have you installed MinimWatch to setup and control MinimServer 2? I have never had any troubles with album artwork, they just show up in my control point (Bubble UPnP or Linn Kazoo). Which file formats are you using?

If you have problems with MinimServer, you should also report your issues at https://forum.minimserver.com/. The developer of MinimServer is very supportive and answers specific questions very quickly.

Best, nbpf

You just select servers through the Naim app and it will show all servers on your network / select the one you want.

I can see the MinimServer in the Naim app and everything works fine but I can’t see any Album Art. That makes selecting things slower because you have to read the tiny text under the generic icon.

Report the problem on https://forum.minimserver.com/, there is something wrong with your setup or with your metadata.

Yes, just did that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response.

When I tried to add my laptop, I received this response.

Am I in the right area to add this devise?

Thanks again

That page is only for adding Naim streamers or a Core to the app. You need to connect to the Core via the Naim app, and add any network shares there using the Core settings menu.

Exactly as Chris says. It’s under “manage music” if I remember correctly.

Best

David

I believe I’ve found it.

Unfortunately I don’t recall user/password or defaults when first set up.

Thanks

I am afraid most forum users will not know your username and password.

Leave them both blank and try that.

Best

David

If you select the Naim streamer first, then select the network servers options on the screen (not the menu), any unpn device on your network should show.

This did not work, but thanks.

If I select Naim Core, I’m not seeing servers as you say.

But thanks.

Do you have a Core, and if so could you provide a snapshot or two?