How do I copy music from my Mac to the Uniti Core

What streamer are you using? Select the streamer, not the Core. Like this, any upnp server on your network should show.

That will only work after the Core has had the relevant folder added as a share, and scanned it.

Hmm, my iTunes files on my Mac have always been visible from my streamers using this method. I’ll defer to the experts :sunglasses:

Actually Mike’s right because anything can be a upnp server in its own right, not just a source of shared music files for the Core, as Mike says.

Best

David

I understood that the intention was to add the files on the Windows computer to the Core library. Yes, you could run another server instead.

I’m not clear whether @quad57 has upnp software on his windows laptop though. I use a Mac, so can’t advise what the best option is there.

Ok good point!

To add files to the Core library you need to be in the Core part of the app, not the streamer part of the app, then select gearwheel and manage music, then configure music shares.

Best

David

Sorry, actually I just have the Core and do a local feed to a dac. No nas or any Naim streamers, so I wouldn’t see the particular menus that you have.

But thanks for providing the snap shots and everyone’s (including the op’s) patience.

1 Like

Ok well go in to the Naim app, select the Core obviously, touch the gearwheel icon, then select manage music, then configure music shares.

Best

David

Right, and that’s where I’m asked for a user name and password, which I don’t have. And I see no facility to recover/change these items.

Thanks

Surely the user name and password is the one for the laptop?

If there is no username and password for this share (which is not the laptop credentials Mike!) then leaving them blank should work?

Best

David

Thanks did not work, but I may call/email Naim on this.

Well, I now see my laptop can see the Core (under network), but not vice versa! So, I probably don’t need to set up the Core in the way we’ve been discussing.

I lost sight of what you are trying to do. Apologies.

You don’t need to add your laptop as a share to be able to copy stuff from the laptop to the downloads folder. It should just work. If it were an old PC then there are some SMB things to know, but the Mac is ok. But you should be using the latest Core firmware.

Anyway if it doesn’t work now, post here and I’ll have a further think.

Best

David

Hi,

From say the eight post or so there was a suggestion, if I understand correctly that files such as iTunes don’t in themselves have to be moved and can be played through UPnP server network. But, I gather that because I don’t have a Naim streamer say, and it’s added sophistication(?) my options may be more limited.

But that’s o.k. I just like to know of any options available to me at any given time.

Thanks

Your options are:

1. Copy the music files to the Core. Put them in the Downloads folder, this is a simple copy & paste using your computer.
  2. Copy the files to a USB drive and connect that to the Core.
  3. Leave the files on your computer and give the Core access to them as a network share if you can figure out your login problem.

Ha, ha…

I know this thread has moved on to other issues but just thought I’d update you on my artwork issues. My Music files were resident in a folder called Music. This, along with a seemingly empty folder named ‘Media’ and a file named applemedialibrary (or something to that effect were all in another folder named ‘Music’ under my username on the MacBook. I had set the Asset configureation to look at the ‘inner’ Music folder. Today I changed that to the ‘outer’ Music folder with the other folder and file also available and suddenly album art has started getting populated in the Asset server in the Naim App. Later (not at my computer right now) I’m sure the same fix will correct the problem with MinimServe as well.

So apologies to all the Asset and MinimServe lovers out there and thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

@VikasMG: Glad to hear that it works now, thanks for the update!