How is your BMW reliability experience?

Even better! Some do not like the transformer inspired look of many cars and bikes which I hope is a fleeing trend.

1 Like

I’m picking up a new 128ti on Tuesday. I decided that at my advanced age, I don’t need a bigger car anymore, especially as I have now at last successfully exfiltrated @anon4489532 ‘s SL2s from his sitting room.

The Beemer was built last month and is off the boat from mainland Europe, just in time before new tariffs apply and UK port arrangements fall off a cliff, post something or other imminent that we aren’t allowed to mention here.

I will comment on its reliability in due course, but my experience of five prior BMWs is that they are pretty good but not quite outstanding in terms of reliability.

Best

David

1 Like

I can’t understand why you didn’t get a Honda Jazz, the old gits’ motor of choice. Just watch for those speed cameras.

A Honda engine powered the pole winner in Abu Dhabi earlier today. Should be fun tomorrow as Hamilton should really still be in bed apparently.

Best

David

Haha, thank you for providing much needed laugher. Well done for reducing the carbon footprint. It is indeed hard to say what is enough. I guess we all here in chasing that extra little bit of performance from our system cognisant of the fleeing time and aging ears, the best sound at cost. So well done!

1 Like

As an owner of an Alfa Giulia QV and 14k miles later no issues and one amazing car.

I used to have a BMW K75. It was lovely - when it worked! It was off the road more than it was on.

Please tell me it is red!

No sorry, being a business type I tend to go for blue. But in that car on twisty roads you just forget everything and even prefer no music while I drive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Totally, you want to hear the engine roar. It’s an engaging experience!

After lots of fun with 7 successive Alfas I moved on to a saab which got pretty problematic just out of the warranty but Saab contributed. After it came out of the garage once with one fault the speedo started going wrong within a day of another fault so it was time to move it on. I think a key point is poor maintenance from main agents. The Saab dealer was a bit sh$t and they all seemed a bit lazy and disinterested. The Alfas were serviced by the service manager of an Alfa dealership for cash on a Sunday morning at my home. It meant that the same experienced guy was always doing work on the car rather than being done badly and in a rush.Lovely skilled man . I moved on to a BMW Z4 then 3 series convertible and after 11 years with that a few faults that were going to be dear I traded it in for a 1 series auto. This has been the easiest car ever but I dread to think what costs will be if it needs repairing! It came with a couple of years free servicing and I have the oil changed in addition as I don’t believe a car should do more than 10k/ a year without it…
BMW Reading is now a massive space age place where you never meet the mechanic so you sit in a pod (good thing at the moment ) with people who have never held a spanner explaining stuff to you… I pay the extended warranty charge as I hope and pray any fault is included. The exclusions on these policies would take a couple of hours to explain! I favour Grosvenor BMW independent in general -affable, their charges are more reasonable, they have 2 dogs behind the reception and explain options ( not the dogs). They were very good with a Mini cooper which after 8 years seemed to become trickier than it should be…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.