How it looks / not how it sounds

Looks good - apart from the legs.

some non conventional sprekers :

the last are french Diptyque speakers.

Someone posted the butterfly earlier.

i didn’ t realize…

I think i also saw it in one of the old mothra movies

I don’t think we’ve had these yet.

or these. Both horrendously expensive but sounded interesting at Munich. Below these they get uglier as they approach affordability.

3 Likes

First speakers I’ve ever seen that have had songs sung about them. Johnny Cash (amongst many others) used to sing about the long black veil.

the top mbl are probably the most impressive speakers available. They need a lot of current, so probably, outside mbl amps, they need something like naim statement or boulder amps.
Mbl recommends 4X 440 watt amps for the top 101 extreme.

Concrete Audio. Wall mounted speakers made from concrete. A Brutalists dream come true. Also done with a more conventional wooden cabinet. Both look very nice to my eyes.

2 Likes

very nice. Difficult to guess that it’s a speaker.

The top picture reminded me of the front of the old (now in the attic) tandberg fasette speakers. They were 5(?) sided and could be tilted. They were small modern design and with the addition of a bracket, I was able to put them (facing forward) in the back of a toyota corolla lift- back- along with an amp. (what was I thinking?)

1 Like

audia flight strumento preamp:

2 Likes

jeff rowland daemon, integrated with streaming dac:

Love the concept and the physicality… That display needs some serious work to get just right - if you need a mega box in your life, then you need a mega display to just hit the right mega spot.
Maybe if the whole front fascia was a screen ?

yes i agree, the screen is not the nicest.

well tempered reference ( discontinued) and well tempered amadeus.
What happened to well tempered ? they were beautifully made before.
Apparently they are made in China now( see last review by Jason Kennedy / the ear.net).

I am lucky that the a brilliantly sounding and aesthetically top notch system is available for audition 10’ from my home

Nagra, Boulder, YG, Artesania, Analysis Plus

6 Likes

Because of RoHS policy, selling Shindo is not allowed im germany…Would love to hear a full Shindo stack…

a dealer on Paris was selling shindo before. He even tried the masseto or morbrison with naim nap 250, with very good results.

I loved just how mental they were about being flat earthers, source first and it must be British. Ivor and Julian must have had a good few laughs about it. What a publication! Nothing like it anymore sadly.

Stu