some speakers i find nice:
kharma exquisite
raidho
kudos titan 808
tidal
wilson benesh endeavour

1 Like

Wilson Audio and Sonus Faber Extremas to dream about …image image

i would be very pleased with the Wilson too…or bigger Sonus Faber.

… but real life isn‘t bad either: My SBL‘s with new foam pads are my modern classics

11 Likes

Beautiful SBL - aren’t they supposed to be up against the wall?

David

That could have been the case, if Naim had nothing to do with respect for coherence… :sweat_smile:

Thank you, David, of course you are right. I pulled this model away for a better photo angle :blush:

I always find Chord more fascinating than beautiful. Takes some big ones to go all in with their sci-fi steam-punk theme the way they have.

I always feel like with designs that far out, what are they compensating for? Competing with valves for that mechanical beauty out of necessity perhaps? Only problem is, with Chord, design for design’s sake.

Which sounds harsher than I intend. But you get what I mean.

:small_blue_diamond: According to me,…One of the most beautiful CD-players,my CD-drive AudioMeca Mephisto.

/Peder🙂

3 Likes

can you explain “ which sounds harsher that i intend” ? I don’t like very much the look too, but never heard. You have tried chord dac ?

i had the mephisto 2x around 15 years ago, top one on the photo. Very nice indeed, but mine was often out of order…

1 Like

I just mean that the opinion that the more striking something functional looks, the more likely it is to be overcompensating for other deficiencies is just that; an opinion. And I don’t really want to paint Chord with that harsh brush. I know they have a sterling reputation.

I’ve not heard the latest Hugo or Dave. I might like them. But the design in this case would put me off simply because hifi is one thing I like to be understated. Especially if there are going to be racks of it.

1 Like

like a placebo sound quality due to the look. It looks harsh so i feel it harsch sounding. I hope i got you.

I think FZ means that he hopes his comments about Chord’s design(s) aren’t being misinterpreted as being more critical or negative than he intends.

Looks like the plinth of a particularly tacky trophy that’s gone awol.

1 Like

DCS. How’s this for a front end ?
Whilst many from this marque has been desirable in my wildest dreams in the past, they never had a good look - reminding me of the look others have taken witnessed by monstrosities from a designers mind of what a very expensive device should look like - Ziggurat like to confuse and bewilder .
Whereas simple form meets function with flare is really the look that satisfies.

5 Likes

10 Likes

sold all of my vinyl…but this …oh boy!!

grafik
love that no-nonsense design:-)

10 Likes