How long have you been here?

It was interesting but I didn’t get to spend nearly enough time with it sadly to really get to grips with it. There was also possibly an issue that needed looking into as Jason didn’t seem to think it was performing as well as it should have done. He did strip it down, cleaned the belt and re-calibrated things while I was elsewhere in the factory, but time was not on our side to come back to listen further. To properly evaluate it I would really want it here for a few days or perhaps weeks… :wink:

1 Like

It’s time they sorted you out a ‘loaner’, Richard. And a Statement pre while they are at it! It’s the least they could do in return for your graft here.

1 Like

That sounds like a really great idea Chris - I like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a relative newbie. I joined the old forum 2-3 years before this one opened. Back in the old days I’d pretty much lost the hifi bug apart from an annual trip to Heathrow/Bristol show with friends. I had stabilised with a Micromega Trio CD player, Roksan TMS, 82/HC135s and ES14s and just listened to music. I replaced the ES14s when they failed (power surge) and a stopgap CD5X when the Trio died. I was happy with CD and vinyl, but 6 years ago I thought I’d dip my toes in the streaming world. I got a HDX ex-dem, started ripping my CD collection. When I hit the odd issue I Googled and always seemed to end up hitting Phil Harris’s advice on the forum. I had a look round and it seemed a great place, lots of music talk, lots of camaraderie, so I started posting on the WAYLT thread and the wine thread. It’s been a great place to hang out, and although I have met very few face to face, I think of quite a few people as friends.
(I seem very verbose today. To answer the question, about 6 years.)

5 Likes

Neatly sums up why high end vinyl scares me so much.

.sjb

No I hadn’t, so thanks! I had the year right, and was trying to remember which month.

So to answer the thread question, since September 2016 = precisely 6 years

1 Like

You can find older iterations of the forum on the way back archive website, search for naim audio forum.
I’m pretty sure i joined when the forum looked like this, but don’t recall the year.

2 Likes

I loved that look. So easy and quick to navigate through. But that was back in the days of desktops for me.

About 2004 when I was first considering Naim amps despite a lot of anti-Naim rhetoric in other quarters.

1 Like

Different world…no broadband (for me, at least), getting pelters from the family “Dad! get off the phone.” “Now!!”.

Rack wars, physical threats issued, making virtual friends, turning them into flesh and blood (friendships that survive today), visiting other systems across the South East (mine still sounds best. Well it would, wouldn’t it).

No streaming services (pace radio), no YouTube or its ilk so getting to hear meaningful sounds before buying, getting on for 50% of my CD purchases came from the forum in those days

Pop Quiz was great fun because there was naff all online to cheat with!

Garyi was a young, polite, and inquisitive man who was the go-to man on SBL set-up.

Vuk, Stallion bitch wars.

2 Likes

Me too. Was that 2 generations back?

I probably joined in about 1998. I can remember some Forum members getting NAP500s just after it was launched.

Since about 2009 I think, still check in most if not all days just to see what’s happening.
I remember in my early days on the forum getting some great advice from many forum members on best set up and networking ‘stuff’, it was and still is such a friendly place.

Since about 1997.

Good old days of the exclusive NMMC(Naim Members Meeting Club). I wonder how many of this lot are still around?

4 Likes

Obviously, as the thread starter, twisted thread starter, I’m still here!

1 Like

Since 2004 corresponding to the peak in upgraditis for about a couple of years then a long period away. Joining again in 2021

1 Like

I think it was 1997. I remember having a forum discussion with Julian Vereker about the AV1 I had just purchased.
Hans

1 Like

I joined 05 Sept 2005 - it was the 248th day of that year. I can’t remember my first post but i recall it was somewhere along the lines of enquiring about a phase-plug repair kit for my Credo speakers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.