How many defective 552 units is Naim going to send me?

I was talking about moderate to sunny weather on motorways. You presume I want to travel faster in thick fog, heavy rain or several inches of snow, you got it completely wrong, I value my existence…! :wink:

I think my attempt at cutting edge wit has gone a bit wrong here.

Probably just my way of getting back at all those who don’t have the highest opinion of us BMW drivers!

It’s more fun on a bicycle, especially if you do all three routes in a day!

1 Like

not so fast - if the Japanese technology were so foolproof, then there would not be the second biggest environmental disaster the world has known.

Definitely concur. The Cingles is a fun day out :smiley:

6 Likes

no cyclist am I…we take the car…

A cyclist friend has done Ventoux sIx or seven times - we (and his wife) meet him on top! :smiley:

Then race him down to the bar in Malaucene… : laughing:

Good on you @Canaryfan, I was shopping for a new ride a couple of years ago and was dumb founded that, whilst service interview for a lot of new cars now is annual, and price is fixed, the things they do and parts* they would replace is so very few it is shocking! I asked the service manager why one maker would replace the pollen filter annually, I don’t find it mentioned in your cars and both are sister companies. Has answer was, “We’ll try to clean it.” Don’t know about the others, I wasn’t impressed.

*Parts being replaced incl:

• First 2 years: engine oil & filter
  • After 3 years: air filter + engine oil & filter
  • After 4 years: fuel filter + engine oil & filter
  • After 5 years: engine oil & filter
  • After 6 years: air filter + engine oil & filter
  • After 7 years: engine oil & filter
  • After 8 years: fuel filter + engine oil & filter

I think we all accept that performance vehicles need more love. We happily invest more love into them and they reciprocate this love. :sunglasses:

I bought a new 252 in August. After 2 months…guess what?..display board failed! Just like your 552.
I wonder if they failed for the same reason?

Apparently the Naim technician who worked on my repair said he’d never seen a display board failure in 25 years he’s been there.

Quality control at display board/component suppliers?

Clearly a problem somewhere

1 Like

Great stuff. Well done!

but to get to the top of the mountain you have to walk up the path behind the relay tower. and only then are you allowed to go to the shop for the fridge magnets:

1 Like

We’re definitely wandering into thread drift territory now - but Ventoux is just so iconic I feel it’s justified. I must have cycled it 10 or 12 times over the years - mainly Bedoin but a couple of times from Malaucene and 4 or 5 from Sault. There’s just something about that part of France that calls me back. I think it’s called Grenache :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My one year old ND555 is on the way back to Champlain. No output from either DIN or RCA. Must be more relay problems. My dealer said he’s been handling relay problems for years.

Wow, how fast can you pedal? :grinning:

Yep, there’s certainly a lot of Grenache down there, :laughing:

we were last there in 2018 (during the World Cup) with our friend and his wife. He did the climb 3 or 4 times in two weeks!

We saw a 500 that had been mashed by the courier (KBC they called it) during a factory visit. Don’t know if it was the same unit. Happened in 2012.

As @Svetty said we are drifting from original topic. Apologies @AhTiong, the OP.

Just saw a documentary on environmental effects of the 2 A bombs on Japan. Lots of disasters are contributed by humans.

Apologies @Svetty, after seeing your trimphant pic at summet de ventoux, I couldn’t help wondering if your username is sweaty or svetty. Sorry! :joy:

1 Like

How about my story. After almost 2 months without my uniti star which had faulty analog input and went back to UK I bought a new nd5xs2 which after a month failed. This time it’s analog out not working.

Anyone see the rugby :flushed:

The Fukushima reactors were supplied by GE.

Regards,
Mark Dunn

1 Like

But the failure reasons lay entirely with ?

I learnt from air crash investigations that most major disasters are caused not by one thing but a series of factors, human, systemic and environmental.

It the case of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, some factors include:

• Rare and complex double quake giving a severe duration of about 3 minutes.
  • Power failure resulting In inability to cool reactor.
  • Taking the easy way out setting plant 10m over sea level rather than 30m.
  • Other shortcuts and failings in construction and controls.

3 Likes