Per subject, I emailed Naim Support, asked GPT and Bard. All gave me different connection instruction.
From Naim Support, they missed to include connection of HCDR to 282,
NAC 282 and Supernait,
- Ensure that the link plug on the Supernait is removed.
- Use an SNAIC4 cable to establish a connection between the Supernait poweramp in socket and the 282 Standard socket.
- Activate the Power Amp mode on the Supernait.
To connect a Naim 282 to a HiCap and a Supernait, you will need the following:
- Two Naim SNAIC4 interconnect cables
- One Naim 5-pin DIN to DIN interconnect cable
Here are the steps to connect the components:
- Connect the SNAIC4 interconnect cable from the HiCap’s Power Amp In socket to the 282’s Standard socket.
- Connect the SNAIC4 interconnect cable from the 282’s Upgrade 1 socket to the Supernait’s Power Amp In socket.
- Connect the 5-pin DIN to DIN interconnect cable from the 282’s Analogue Out socket to the Supernait’s Analogue In socket.
To connect a Naim NAC 282 preamplifier to a HiCap power supply and a Naim Supernait integrated amplifier, you can follow these steps:
- Start by ensuring that all components are turned off and unplugged from the power source.
- Connect the HiCap power supply to the NAC 282 preamplifier. The HiCap has two output connectors labeled “A” and “B.” Use a suitable DIN interconnect cable to connect the “A” output of the HiCap to the “Preamp Power Supply” input of the NAC 282. Make sure the connections are secure.
- Next, connect the NAC 282 preamplifier to the Supernait integrated amplifier. Use a suitable DIN interconnect cable to connect the “Preamp Output” of the NAC 282 to the “Power Amp Input” of the Supernait. Ensure the connections are tight and secure.