How to hide a large flat screen

3 Likes

Agreed. I’ve got a thing about bedroom TV’s stuck high up on a wall surrounded by wires.

For our living room, we went with a very low bench (with just one shelf) made from stained railway sleepers. Our eyeline is top middle of a 55” screen. It’s not perfect but I think it’s much better a little low and out the way, than dominating the room.

1 Like

Here in the States they make kits that allow you to hide the cables when mounting your TV on a wall mounted bracket or pivoting arm. On interior walls you use a hole saw behind the TV and at the base of the wall to make a penetration for a cable raceway. Just drop the lines thru the hole and no unsightly wires dangling all over. The cut-outs can be fitted with a large grommet for aesthetics.

What chair do you have in that photo?

Hide the TV you say?

Our TV hides our crap 1990s “fireplace” :grimacing:

7 Likes

10 years if used 8h/day every day… so I’ll be good till 2068 at least :joy:

1 Like

Focused and punctual…

2 Likes

Curtains arrived. Not for a window though. This is how you hide a flatscreen, three on-wall speakers and two subwoofers in one go.

They need some time to hang the creases out.

3 Likes

@Debs, can I ask, is that purely for aesthetic reasons or to cut down reflections from the LH SBL?

1 Like

When we had our projector, many years ago now, we had a large fixed screen on the wall in our lounge. Recalling many cinema visits from my younger days I fixed up curtains to draw across the screen! Gave a very authentic cinema effect.

You could do similar with a TV on the wall but it will probably look bizarre, although it will of course hide it well.

TBH I always think that trying to hide bits of kit usually ends up lookng far worse than just leaving them on show - unless really well done. It is what it is - get over it!

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath IME!

I’ve had the same material for window curtains in our last place. The creases will hang out in about 6 months.

A bit of both, it’s only a little 32" plasma so not really big enough to bother, plus my room is fairly well damped anyway, but traditionally i don’t really like having a telly screen in the music room. I suppose it’s more to do with aesthetics here.

3 Likes

Just an idea, but perhaps something like a walnut slatted acoustic wall panel, split in the middle so each half can slide sideways away from tv behind could suffice?
Decorative with added bonus of assisting with room acoustics.

1 Like

Samsung Frame - they do a 55 too!

Amazing TV, display almost life like art. Turns off when not in use, automatically comes on when you enter the room. Energy consumption is next to nothing. The new versions are a matt screen and looks excellent.

We’re very pleased with ours. Check out the Samsung Frame Reddit group for pics. If you use art with clear brush strokes, looks very realistic. Here’s a good couple of examples (not mine, just from reddit).

I’m sure someone saved could workout how to display album art work from the streams you’re playing too!

You can also buy after market frames, so it looks even more realistic, Have a look on Etsy.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.