How to restart NDX2 software

Hi all

Is a trick available to restart (a full rerun of the software) of the NDX2 other then the on/off or powering off/on option? I want a proper restart of the software.

Asking because I would like to restart the NDX2 occasionally. It is only done when new software is uploaded. I have a feeling, no scientific proof , that after restart the NDX2 sounds cleaner.

Solution:
Hold the power button of the NDX2 for 3 seconds. This will put it to power sleep.
The NDX2 will restart after hitting the power button again.

Solution 2:
As described below, you can do a full reset of the NDX2.

You can reset to factory settings by turning off and restarting holding both the input and play buttons on the ndx2 fascia the same time. You will however lose playlists etc. Many have found turning off and waiting a while after a software upgrade, then restarting can improve things like SQ and function. I personally do this after software changes…….a factory reset should be a last resort action if functionality is problematic?

Hi Gaza

Thanks for the guidance. The reset factory is a somewhat drastic solution.

I did some more digging. I think I found the solution ( and tried it)

Solution:
Hold the power button of the NDX2 for 3 seconds. This will put it to power sleep.
The NDX2 will do a restart after hitting the power button again.

1 Like

After sending it to sleep, pull the power cable or turn off the PS if you have one. Keep unplugged for 30 minutes.

I’ve never found the need to factory reset, but usually leave my ndx2 with power off. I hold the on/off button for 3 plus seconds to do a proper shutdown, wait a few seconds and power down the xpsdr.
I’m sure it does sound better left on, but I only really fire it up at weekends. Don’t want to listen the transformer in the xpsdr all week.
Saying that, I do tend to leave my 2 hcdrs on to my 282 and phono stage. Currently vinyl tends to be where I go first.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.