Hum on one speaker

I am finding hard to trace the source of a hum on one speaker its just on the low frequency channel on one speaker. I have two Nap 250’s with a cross over. Were to start looking.

What is the complete system?

32-5 preamp, naim snaxo 2-4, 2 hi caps, 2 Nap 250 power amps snell JII speakers

OK, first make sure your NAXO is not picking up transformer hum from a nearby power supply or power amp. Then swap over the power amps. Is the hum still on the same speaker? Then do the same with the DIN-XLR leads.

Let us know how you get on?

1 Like

i switched the speaker cables and have the hum on the other spealer now so will try the din-xlr leads next

1 Like

I tried it with my 140 power amps and no hum so what is the problem with the 250?

If it’s a NAP250-2 or NAP250DR, then it’s possible that a power supply reservoir capacitor is starting to break down. It would be wise to get the affected 250 to a NAIM authorised repairer, to be diagnosed / repaired & serviced as soon as possible. If a power supply reservoir capacitor actually fails it can be disastrous for the connected speaker(s).

Its the old chrome bumper 250 with new capacitors fitted

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.