HumminGuru ultrasonic RCM FTW! (The one from Kickstarter)

Great advice on using ultrasonic cleaners

3 Likes

Hmm, he has very little experience of actual machines available to buy for the general public.
The so called damaging of LPs. The one he held up looked to me to be a faulty Pressing blemish. I wouldn’t expect any RCM to fix that.

1 Like

Quick question for anyone in Canada who has ordered one, what did you get charged for import fees/taxes? Was it just GST/PST?

So I got my Humminguru and am pretty impressed, it is simple to use and seems to do a decent job, especially on some older LPs. I am only using distilled water and do find that some times I have a little water left on the LP even after a 10 minute drying time.

I had a follow up email this week from Humminguru with a special offer and it seems they are now selling some liquid “cleaner” for use in the machine. You only use 2 or 3 drops per 400ml water. Looks remarkably similar to rinse aid to me.

2 Likes

I strongly advise using some additional fluid on the HG. I use now the Degritter fluid and found the HG cleans now much better and also dries better. Before I had always some drops of water on the lp, after the drying. Not anymore.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.