HumminGuru ultrasonic RCM FTW! (The one from Kickstarter)

The bundle includes the machine, plus both the 7" and 10" adapters. A bit cheaper than buying just a machine and those separately.

1 Like

Not absolutely needed (unless you have 7 and 10 inch records), no, but if you buy them later you will pay the extra shipping

1 Like

Good to know, thanks. I have no 7 or 10 inch lps.

Ah, the young folks of today who donā€™t know what a 7ā€ single isā€¦ā€¦ :laughing: :laughing:
(And what was worse; weā€™d buy singles from the s/h shops which had had the centres punched out for use in jukeboxes, so we then had to troll down to HMV to buy those tri-lobe plastic inserts.)

I think I have only one 10ā€ LP (although it is a double). Manā€™s ā€œChristmas at the Pattiā€.

2 Likes

Just checked my credit card. Ā£395 for the bundle with extra filters and rollers. Didnā€™t get the extra tank. Card company charged me Ā£11.65 for foreign currency exchange :persevere:. Import duty into the UK was about Ā£40.

Yes the power cord is detachable and can be replaced with IEC UK plug. This was confirmed to me by HG prior to my order.

I bought my machine with a set of extra filters and rollers, without realising it comes with a spare set. And im not sure ill ever use them. Then after having the machine a week, ordered a 7" adaptor. Wish id not bothered. A right faff to use, especially given the cost.
So, for me, i wish id just bought the bare machine as is.
Not sure why the extra tank is so much. It must cost 50p to make. And, hardly a consumable. Bit, without one the maxhine will not work ( unless you wish to defeat the microswitch)

That was quick - ordered Sunday arrived today.

2 Likes

Mine just arrived too. I ordered a fair while ago though. I guess they send in batches.

1 Like

Have fun with it, @KJC @GerryMcG

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Unboxed my new unit this afternoon and started using. Twice now it has ā€˜poppedā€™ and shut down. It can be switched on again after a cool off period, but wondering whatā€™s up here. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Havenā€™t experienced this. How long did you clean? Note that the manual recommends max. one hour running time and then a cool-off.

Thanks @Suedkiez - I did note that advice. The first instance occurred after 10 mins use. The second was less than an hour after a 30+ minute shutdown.

Whouah ! Bad news ! I was waiting to buy one but maybe I will wait a bit longer. Maybe they have so many orders that they produce them quicker and without enough checking.
I am sorry for you however. You should ask a return with shipping paid by them.

That doesnā€™t sound right at all :frowning: I can assume that the water was filled into the slot? :wink:

I think that goes without saying and Iā€™m sure they will make it right. Still a bummer

Had no problem with mine. Cleaned 10 albums tonight.

Maybe this ultrasonic machine at so affordable cost is a bit too nice to be true? Too early to know of course. But we have to figure that the least expensive ultrasonic machine on the market, apart that one, costs 6 times more.

1 Like

Water ? I thought we had to put sand in the slot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thatā€™s because they are ripping us off :slight_smile: Non-vinyl ultrasonic baths, as they are used by every optician and jeweler, also are in the few-hundred euro price range. OK, this one has the additional pump and roller motor. As we know, even expensive Naim gear can arrive broken, so things can always go wrong, but so far there seems to be only KJCā€™s machine with a problem in this thread, and we donā€™t know for sure whatā€™s going on with @Camphuwā€™s

I have learned on the forum that pointing out the obvious is sometimes helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes