I wonder if I have been a Wally with Vinyl LP12 TT?

Jack I really wanted an LP12 as well, just to experience that part of the British hi fi experience. But here in the States they are relatively impractical. My timing was that I became committed to this in 2019, made arrangements for our very famous UK expert to bring me one on his April 2020 trip to the States . . . then covid hit and it became impossible. So I went the Rega route . . . and now own the Solstice. Also very pleasurable experiences!

Yes, if you don’t want a vinyl collection to expand exponentially, it’s a good idea to have access to a streaming service so that you can sample new music. Qobuz is really great for this. I am definitely not interested in buying a $20-30 new lp just to hear something that sounded interesting when I heard about it on the radio or read about it. Thus the efficiency of Qobuz!

And for us the emotion and memories come from playing LPs from 40 or 50 years ago . . . LPs we played in the dorm room at university etc. Those are in our LP library.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.