Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

18 Likes

In search of space. My original vinyl went awol but I seem to remember the cover was very intricate and unfolded. @Dozey do you still own the album ?

15 Likes

Yes, still got it. It came with a booklet too. I went to one of the gigs from the tour and have the “Captain’s Log” style programmes from the gig too. It has photos of Stacia the dancer as I recall.
Must get it out and take a photo.

The Sex Pistols - Never Mind …

Perhaps not exactly a favourite cover but the one I remember most. No wandering around with this under my arm - it was under my coat and stuffed behind the sofa in case my parents would be offended, well we were a good Catholic family and I didn’t want to upset anyone.

These days my kids would probably have it on their wall.

Peter

22 Likes

Not a single album cover. But number of album covers by a single artist. Neon Park.

7 Likes

I don’t have a single favourite. I think these are particularly iconic for starters:

24 Likes

It’s the car, not the album !!!

Remember the Citroen DS that saved De Gaul’s life? I was deeply impressed by the decadent, comfortable ride when my dad drove me around on this car I was a young kid.

2 Likes

I like the album cover “Fome” by the chilean group: Los Tres (the three).

It is better.

1 Like

Yes it’s all coming back to me. The booklet, captain’s log, Stacia.

Here it is in all its glory.

10 Likes

The Beatles. Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band.
This album cover was posted earlier in a group of covers but I think it deserves a solo slot of it’s own.
Over 50 years of countless reissues and formats it’s easy to take this cover for granted but back in 1967 it was groundbreaking. The gatefold sleeve opening to reveal the group in their finery. The who’s who of the front cover and of course the cardboard cutouts. Iconic indeed.

16 Likes

Small Faces - Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake is also good. Especially the original metal tin from 1968.
And of course the Velvet Underground peelable banana by Andy Warhol from 1967.

6 Likes

13 Likes

My favourite, Supertramp Breakfast in America

14 Likes

This is my favourite Yes - Relayer a piece of artwork by Roger Dean

13 Likes

@Hanumike I was going to say anything Roger Dean

9 Likes

Yes, Mr Dean had a vivid imagination.

13 Likes

@anon71888798 Yep wouldn’t mind a pint of whatever he was drinking lol!!!

2 Likes