Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

It takes a good while for a cover to become an icon, so not surprising most of them are old.

5 Likes

They’re interesting but don’t come near iconic as few will know them.

1 Like

Really love the “living in another world” butterfly / tiger :thinking: What’s your favourite?

So as to not be a hypocrite let’s post some more recent things.

6 Likes

Ah - Smell the Glove by The Strokes

1 Like

True, but his work is iconic in the photography world… :wink:

Mine has broadened somewhat over my life, but not changed… I don’t consider that an absence of luck!

1 Like

5 Likes

When I was young, walking around with an album tucked under your arm was a good icebreaker to meet like minded people, a bit like wearing a football scarf but without the beatings. As a pensioner I have found this forum also to be a huge help in meeting people with similar passions. In the last 20 years I have not found anybody local with the same love of music. Maybe it’s time for me to start walking around with that vinyl again. Perhaps this one.

15 Likes

I’m a bit biased on this one .I’ve never liked the green tint thoughtQID

6 Likes

When I posted Pet Sounds, I thought of posting Abbey road but I thought somebody is bound to post it. It has to be one of most iconic covers of all. I’ve never been to the crossing, but like looking at the web cam, it’s always busy day & night, and there are always people holding up the traffic while they take pics.

I’m surprised this one hasn’t been shown so far, the untitled fourth album from Led Zeppelin. The contrast between the old house on the front of the sleeve demolished to make way for the high rise development on the rear.

15 Likes

Also, nowhere on the cover or the inner sleeve does it say who the band is. Try explaining that to a record company today.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 12.23.39

Far better than this

I bet the family didn’t believe the bus driver when he got home “here I was going down Abbey Road and there were the Beatles on the zebra crossing”

2 Likes

Not sure why this has been overlooked, a prefect cover.

The Beatles (White Album)

15 Likes

Nice one Pete, I was going to post this album.Actually I was going to post a photo of my numbered first pressing but your image will do nicely :+1:

1 Like

Morning Jim, your post re King Crimson gave me a chuckle, dad was a music lover then eh ? :rofl:

2 Likes

I was a naive and very green teenager wanting to experience some adult music and chanced on this , bought it solely on the cover Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 11.53.47

Still have the same LP today , there was something about CBS pressings and sound of that time

2 Likes

“…oing back and forth - must’ve done it a dozen times holding up all the traffic.”

1 Like

The original…

And the homage…

17 Likes