Ideas for Wife's 60th Prezzie please. RESULT

a Halibut, perhaps?

Anarchy in the UK?

Mrs. JimDog’s 40 this December.

I don’t want to spoil her, but I got her a Naim DAC.

(Took her to L’Enclume for her 30th…)

1 Like

Definitely a great experience I have no doubt. Just hesitant about a surprise gift for someone else. ‘Guess where you’re going? A few hundred feet up in a balloon!’ Haha. I would love to do it and will one day.

There a similar thread elsewhere, Mrs Pete just had her 60th and seemed happy with day spa (she got e vouchers from different people) and Pandora jewellery. I know one thing thing though get wrong and your toast. :scream:

Hot air balloon over rolling hills is pretty boring. Definitely do that over the city. :relieved:

Go ahead and make loose plans for the safari–location, outfit. It will give you both something to look forward to. We have found that the anticipation is half the fun.

I can tell you from experience that looking for Northern Lights is very hit or miss. Iceland had great lights while we were there, as well as great cloud cover. A few people got a treat, and the rest of us got typical Icelandic weather. I’ve seen good lights in Alaska, Maine and the Yukon Territory.

I was treated to a great hot air balloon ride over rolling hills in Colorado. I guess it depends on what you like. Do the hot air balloon ride someplace exotic like France or Napa Valley once things get a bit more normal. Enjoy a glider ride in the meantime.

2 Likes

How about a vineyard trip?
Some of them in the U.K. have lovely lodges for that special occasion (e.g 3 choirs, but you can find better wineyards).

A Michelin-three-star restaurant, when things allow. Take money. No, more than that. A bit more…

1 Like

Thanks for all the help. Just to show one of her prezzies which we have just opened and decanted. It has been in an underground cellar in Worcester since 1962. I am allowed a glass after our meal tonight. Once in a lifetime perhaps.

14 Likes

a good watch . tissot is a good make.

1 Like

I share your ‘pain’. After Christmas, my wife’s birthday is January, followed this month by Valentine’s of course and then it’s our anniversary natch!

After 22 years, it gets a bit tricky…Especially in the middle of a global pandemic leading to restrictions such that we can’t even go out and do interesting stuff…

I initially suggested a luxury watch until I read what the OP stated. For her 60th, consider a visit the Palawan Islands in the Philippines or the Iguazu Falls, on the border of Argentina & Brazil, awe inspiring views, after CV traveling restrictions are eased, of course.

1 Like

Maybe a new Porsche Targa 4s with a wonderful road trip eating and drinking your way through the South of France!

Good job you did not get debenhams vouchers.

I’d never heard of them, had to look them up. Their only Aus store was in Melbourne which is closed.

I got my wife a new bag and belt, the vacuum cleaner works much better now!!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.