Innuos 2.0 vs Roon 1.8

I did look at that but could not figure out, I think you have

I think you’re right but it makes a kind of sense to launch the app at the same time.

1 Like

Agree, that indeed would be a good innings for Innuos.

1 Like

hmm, it’s not 2.0 :frowning:

That will be stupid, how can you charge thousands and not even have control app.

1 Like

reading the specs of this…does it mean it has one “dirty” input and 4 “clean” outs?

Wow, £2600 makes the EE look like a bargin.

So does this innous app allow me to play music from a central server to pc, mac, apple tv, chrome cast, raspberry PI etc?

More hardware no control software = no future.

folks, this is a SWITCH, not a roon endpoint :slight_smile: It doesn’t need a control sw stack…it’s plug and play!

Does it replace the need for the Phoenix USB, if so then maybe value.

Is it me or are these lame countdown teasers pointless, if anything now companies launch a product way before the actual release.

Surely the EE& and other switches have already captured the niche market for this AudioFool switch.

had a chat with my dealer 5min ago,if you use USB then Phoenix USB is the way to go, if you use LAN/ethernet then Phoenix Net is the way…both systems are designed to optimized the signal/reduce noise.

When a switch is released with full media fanfare before s control app for existing hardware someone has got their priorities badly wrong

3 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

You’d have to listen first to know

I would think that is the ease at which hardware can be developed, compared to software. Software implementation is complicated and long winded and there is always a bug lurking somewhere. I do agree though, that not having a dedicated app is a major turn off for me, but then I hate most of the structure around ripping and storing files due to metadata and artwork. I would love a Zenith to feed an NDS or NDX-2 but I want to be able to rip a cd without editing metadata and finding the correct artwork to match the cd.

I’ve got to admit this also has me foxed

No, not really. It could be fantastic but it won’t be appropriate for lots of their customers who have been promised a control app for their expensive devices for a long time and which has been consistently delayed

Looks like it should be between Zen(ith) and Streamer (NDX-2), rather than before the Zen(ith). I could be wrong and frequently am.