Innuos + Dave vs Innuos + ND555

I have heard the Dave/Mscalar sounding superb fronted by the Innuous Statement…but they BOTH had a Sean Jacobs DC4 supply-which adds another $15k+ to the acquisition price and requires a little bit of internal tinkering with the DAVE.

1 Like

Sean does bake eexceedingy good power supplies…

5 Likes

Indeed he does. I see the Next-Gen PSU upgrade for the (Innuos) Statement is out.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Wasn’t aware and now rather excited…

2 Likes

I hope you’ve been saving up, Mike! :neutral_face:

I am now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much is it Michael as an upgrade?

They haven’t released the upgrade price or procedure but the difference between the two versions on their website is around £5k buying new.

I imagine it will be a bit like a DR upgrade only with lots of other bits changed too. It almost sounds as if the only things unchanged are the CPU and CD drive.

1 Like

Ooh thats a big hit on the wallet😬

I’m keeping my eye on this too. I will probably have to return mine for a hard drive upgrade as I seem to have underestimated my needs - two birds with one stone!

For perspective, in Europe its about the same as an XPS and a good bit less than a Supercap…

I should have gone with the 8GB, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too… currently on 4TBs.
However I fail to hear a real difference, sound wise, between the same music on the Innuos and on my NAS…

Have you, or anyone else, done this test?

I haven’t unfortunately, all I am doing at the moment is ripping. I had ordered an ND555 in November and it is yet to arrive, hence this thread - fed up waiting and looking at alternatives. It seems my ND should arrive this week or next now so I’ll stick with my original plan and will hopefully get to test configuration options thereafter. There are several who have commented on positive results so hopefully one of them might chime in on your question.

1 Like

How do you connect to the MSB DAC ?

connect via USB

So do you mean you fail to hear a difference between your NAS as a music store vs the Innuos as a music store ?

Have you had chance to compare Innuos into ND555 against your MSB? That was one of the options I was considering.

Yes, that’s correct. (sorry, I didn’t explain myself well)

No, never heard a ND555, but I moved to the MSB from a NDS (not the same, but…)

1 Like