Innuos zenith mk3 - impressions and advice for demo

Thanks
Have do e that already.
Working perfect - but still prefer the rips with melco d100 transport via dbpoweramp… but they are close.
Ripper function is perfect as well.

But the DAC is the most critical component, so if that one does it for you then the redundancy is immaterial if the Innuos rendering direct to Digital input us better than streaming across network.

2 Likes

By Standard profile, do you see “default profile” in the player settings menu? Innuos’ setup guide hints this mode limits playback to 24/48 for compatibility with most streamers. Experiment with Naim NDS/NDX profile perhaps (as there is nothing so specific as an ND555 profile)?

1 Like

The zenith is warming up - also with me.
Voices are really stunning - nailed at its position and with a lot nuances.
Bass is also good - a micron less full than hdx but more definition. But here is is a bit equal with hdx gives a blackish bass what I like a lot.
With Innuos there is really more detail… overall more happening!
But with remaining naim drive… and prat :star_struck:

4 Likes

Innuos recommend the Naim Uniti profile for the ND555

Tested that as well, but when using the app for getting a bit forward there is a crack in the speakers before music is going on. Do not like it cracking :o)

I’m not sure what you mean by “getting a bit forward” but it’s not causing any problems on my ND555. Is this using the Sense app?

Using the “bar” in the sense app - e.g. going from 0:23 to 1:55 in a song.

Are we talking volume bar or something else?

Ah so you mean, skipping forward through the track?

1 Like

Making the same assumption as Ryder, I’ve just tried that (skipping forward in a track) and it doesn’t happen here with Statement → PhoenixNet → ND555.

If you decide to buy, I recommend an SSD variant, much quieter than spinning rust and, IMHO, better SQ.

ATB, J

2 Likes

YESS! :slight_smile:

Zenith is always with SSD

Strange - same here - except statement :slight_smile:

Really, that’s great news.

I’ve had mine for a while now and I’m sure it was an option then.

ATB, J

1 Like

Do anyone know the difference between zen and zenith.
As I use it as a server only it might be less prominent - but do not know what the 3rd psu feeds.
And no Mundorfs - think I stay zenith :laughing:

@Michaelb
Did you connect it to the streamer lan port when you use the app.
This could be my …
Mine is connected to lan
Checked streamer port - same issue.
Not only cracks also stuttering and skipping track - and suddenly „no player connected“

Also it can be inside the settings. There is a chord Hugo selected (demo unit). I had not found any way to de-select it. It is listed in the player menu above nd555

The main differences are an extra power supply and SSD instead of HDD storage.

Know that - but what is it in SQ