Innuos zenith mk3 - impressions and advice for demo

There is no way to disconnect it - even the X in the red box not working

It is disconnected in the bottom image (it literally says disconnected)

Than I have no explanantion why the UPNP Player is not working :frowning:

Cracking sounds is nothing I like on my beloved electronics. Cracks are not serious - sometimes happening when hasty skipping. But with sense app it is always when using the forward bar.

Strange is that I yesterday managed to use sense app without selecting nd555 (had not seen the menu first). It had played with the upnp symbol showing on nd555. Was not able to bring this back … but how could it have played without player selected? Strange

But - so what … sounds so good - with naim app working perfectly

If you’re using the PhoenixNet you only want one Ethernet connection- using the LAN port.

Why do you have MQA selected? Are you using Tidal? If not disable the option.

This was not my selection. Done from demo unit.

If you’re not using Tidal, disable it and see if it makes a difference…

Done - no difference
Anything to set up at nd555? Server mode off? Mine is on

This might be a silly question, but if using the zenith as the streamer, and the dac in the 555 is identical to that in the nds, why spend the extra for the 555?

Using the zenith as a server! Nd555 as a streamer including DAC

1 Like

That could well be it. I have mine set to off.

Too bad - it’s not.
No idea here … can ask Innuos, but it is not not a knock off criteria buying one.
Naim app is also fine for streaming purposes.
Sense app for looking at library is also fine - that’s what I liked at n-serve as well.

I asked earlier but don’t think you’ve replied: have you tried Zenith doing the rendering and feeding direct to usb or spdif digital input of ND555? If not tried that way, perhaps it is worth doing as you would then avoid any network contribution, with all the variables a network brings? I would only consider connecting this way.

1 Like

As well as the network connection, I also connect my Zenith Mk III’s USB DAC output to a Meridian Explorer I, connecting the letter’s optical output to my NSC222’s digital input, the Explorer acting only as a USB to optical converter.

That way I am able to listen to the Zenith’s content in the event of any network issues. In terms of SQ I do not detect any significant difference between the two options.

ATB, J

There is no usb input in nd555 for DAC use. I need a Converter for that?

S/pdif?

Only usb out on most Innuos products

Ok thanks!

Have you seen my reply above? Perhaps it’ll help……?

ATB, J

1 Like

Thanks - but I think without additional Hardware there is no chance to connect USB out of Innuos with ND555
Will do a Hardware reset on last day of testing (deleting the library) to disable the Hugo Player and give it a last try. If not working - so be it. Naim app is not so bad :slight_smile:

I’m very happy with the Audiophilleo +PurePower int nDAC/555PS from Zenith mk2.

Phil

1 Like