Innuos zenith mk3 - impressions and advice for demo

I can also get a burnt in unit (so they say) (ex demo) from another dealer or a new one from my dealer - which I need to burn in (not so much different in price).
New one or burnt in demo (unseen from www)? I tend to the new one, as the dealer is very nice!
If standing unused in the shop, there is also burn in needed. Recognized it with the demo unit. After a week now it shines

No, I use Sense. To tell you the truth, I canā€™t remember how I burnt in the Statement. I think I just left it playing radio. When I got it back with the NextGen power supply, I just listened to it as normalā€¦ I may well have posted about this but canā€™t remember. Will try and search here tomorrow if you canā€™t find it in the meantime

Ne t strange thingā€¦ did not find any radio station in the menu - all empty
Solved - also only running when streamer attached via upnp bridge

Iā€™m pretty sure there was no burn in at all on my zenith. Just listen to music, it will be fine

3 Likes

Here we are ā€¦ at last hours before decision to be madeā€¦
As usual I am mr. Doubt at this time.

The Innuos is different to hdx - that is for sure. It is also different to melco iirc.

Hdx is:

• darker in tonality ( like that) - real darkness came with PN
  • all is together (and less separated) - also a bit more relaxed.
  • something a bit metallic sounding.
  • has a real nice ā€žblackā€œ bass
  • soundstage is a slight bit laid back
  • a bit less bass weight than hdx

Melco n10 was:

• totally resolving - really very much details
  • smooth sounding (but brighter than hdx)
  • not so deep soundstage as hdx
  • no harshness and very silky sounding

Innous is:

• more details than hdx (you can hear a lot more) - but iirc a bit less than melco (but could be the same)
  • very forward playing (sound jumping on your hip)
  • a bit brighter than hdx
  • soundstage not so deep as hdx - all is coming a bit upfront
  • sounds happening in the background are louder and nearer (also more detailded)
  • voices are stunning (very much emotion) best of all 3 (but with ee8 voices were also good - went a bit back with PN)
  • piano - see voices
  • the experience is like live - never had this before that I imagined a band playing in font of me (sucks you in)
  • sound is rough - like it (olive like) - edgy
  • very much prat - more groovy to my ears than melco (melco more relaxed)
  • roughness is sometimes a bit too much (sounding a tad mechanical at some songs)

If Innuos will be a bit darker and rounder/organicā€¦ think it will be named statement

Fidata looks also fine but is rare to get.

Think I will miss the innous more than I will keep staring at a ā€žall in mindā€œ roughness at 1% songsā€¦
What innous definitely is doing more than hdx. Showing you the good and the bad of recordings - but not in a bad way. It is sounding overall better than hdx - and if a bad one is in the stream you will notice more.

Ordered a 4 tb Innuos zenith mk3.
As far as I understand, there is only a ā€žbiggerā€œ ssd (one. With more storage) included and not 2 x 2 tb.

2 Likes

Audioquest dragonfly?

2 Likes

Yeah, I though about this option

Hi
Is a dragonfly black ok?
Only for burn in period or should I go for a Ifi DAC (a bit more expensive but with own psu)

Iā€™ve never heard either of those dacs.

But Iā€™m sure others will chip in to help you decide.

@ChrisSU did you own an Audioquest dragonfly dac?

I Need it only for burn in of zenith and afterwards ?ā€¦.

You mentioned a Chord Hugo earlier in the thread, do you still have it ? If not something like a Dragonfly would work or an M2Tech which would get your system working using the ND555 as Dac/streamer.
I have been an Innuos user for a number of years, Zen, Zenith and just recently Statement, I have never been too concerned with burn in.

1 Like

Have you thought of buying used / ex-demo ?

Will save you a chunk of cash (especially if after minimum 2TB) and will accelerate your burn-in period.

The units really are bullet proof and not a lot can go wrong. Innuos support is also 2nd to none.

I bought a 2TB Zenitth Mk3 used and itā€™s been one of the best bits of equipment Iā€™ve owned.

2 Likes

Hi
I want it now and there was only one 4TB available ex-Demo, for not so much less.
The used ones are a better bargain, but they are all 1TB (or silver :slight_smile: ). Would have taken 2TB, but 4 gives me a better gut feeling. I tend to take different versions of one album (cd and 24bit / hdx rip and melco rip ā€¦ :crazy_face:)
And the dealer is nice and he is 5 min away - thatā€™s also a good one if something goes wrong.
I have no other ideas as Innuos being bullet proof.

Currently listening to Lou rhodes ā€¦ wowā€¦ zenith is capable

1 Like

Hi @JimDog Yes, I have a Dragonfly Red which I bought to use with my iPhone, and an old black one which works with computers but not phones.
The Red is pretty good considering the size and price, although I only use it with IEMs so hard to say how it would compare to a ā€˜properā€™ hifi setup.

1 Like

My experience fwiw

Innuos subsequently added ethernet functionality to the nds which I use today.

Hui
Zenith arrived - now acclimatizing.
What I saw is, that this unit has different feet - instead of 3 mini silicon? pads per feet, each feet has one foamy pad - the foot itself is identical. The slight wobbling factor is identical to the demo unit. Hope that this is improvement or alternative instead of running out of mini padsā€¦

The one pad is actually MUCH more practical on the Quadraspire SVT :slight_smile: - but currently running on fraim glas

Hi Guys.
need your help.
All setup and burning in - my dealer gave me a DAC on loan for burn in period.
But had no chance to wire it up yet - burning in even without player output.

I would like to use it during nighttime.

Question:
Is it necessary to plug out the Ethernet cable from LAN Port (connection as server), when DAC is plugged in via USB and Innuos is set to play.

I really like to keep it in as cable dressing ā€¦ you might know :slight_smile:

THANKS!