Inquiry about the preamp module of supernait 3

hello ,everybody :slight_smile:
I do like to upgrade to supernait 3 for my speaker .
But I need to be clear that the preamp module is inherited from NAC552?

thanks a lot
dumpling

Welcome to the forum dumpling.

The Supernait 3 has design elements taken from the dedicated Naim pre-amps (which would include the NAC552), but of course while a fair bit of the basic design and some components are shared, that doesn’t mean you are getting a NAC552 - it would cost many times more if that were the case! It is however, and excellent integrated amplifier that combines both a fine pre-amp and power amp in one box.

6 Likes

Lots of Naim gear overlaps (especially in the Uniti range) but I would be surprised if there is that many cross-over parts

Got it, that;s reasonable and comprehensible .

anyway ,is it worth the money to take hi-cap dr as a add-on to improve the current output capability for low ohm speakers like bw 804D4 or focal diablo evo?

It’s worth adding a HICAP to improve the pre-amp stage and also free up the need for the power amp to power the pre-amp. As to whether it would improve current for low impedance speakers, I’m not so sure.

For all that, those are pretty hefty speakers to be putting on the end of a £4k integrated amp - especially the Focal Diablo Evo, which is 3 times the Supernait’s cost! But then if you have a top quality source it may be OK. What is the source, btw?

I’m planning to use dcs rossini via tidal,

btw , I’ve owned Dynaudio C1 Platium Edition many years ago, now it’s time to play these hard surface tweeter instead of silk way…

1 Like

That’s not the purpose of a Hicap.

Frankly, I think you need to look pre/power if you want to stay with Naim. Those B&W 'speakers were around £14k. Driving them with a SN is under amping them, from many consideration., imo. Power is merely one aspect, there are very many others.

Put the money you were thinking of spending on a HC with what you’d get for the SN and see where that takes you.

Maverick- im running wilson tunetots, have a hicap dr, and ndx2 w xps. The tunetots punch above the sn3 and have 84db into 8 ohms but i have to say its a pretty sweet system. I had a 272 w 250 with 705s and i prefer this setup although its pretty close. If i had lager speakers id probably go for the 250 222 now or used 300 252 ndx2. But im not because well, im not unhappy. Its that good. I do think that you might get better results with source then amp then speaker prioritization. You could get 805s w a sub and spend more on source and amp.

A perfect example of marketing blurp and confusion.

2 Likes

thank a lot, I will put it into consideration

your concern and suggestion is perfectly right.

15 years ago, In my experience that supernait is ideal for herbeth or rogers and I once owned cd5i/nait5i/a5 cable.

I should find a local dealer to try it combination and listen to it.

thanks a lot and have a nice weekend

@Dfreshness Are you connecting the Atom HE to the SN3 or is it for a separate system? If you are connecting to the SN3, how are you doing that? What will happen if you add more sources?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.