Installin Naim App on Windows

I have the app installed on my Android phone but I want to install it on my wife’s Acer PC.

When I download from Google Play, it gives me the option of installing it on one of two Samsun g devices. It doesn’t give the Acer as an option.

Any advice please?

Thanks

It only works on Android/iOS. It can also run on any Mac Laptop or Desktop that uses the M1 chip.

2 Likes

Windows 11 will be getting support to run Android Apps in a future update, so it may be possible once this happens. Then again an old PC may not be able to run Windows 11. If you need to update the laptop I would suggest the M1 MacBook Air. The battery last ages, runs cool and is well built; a joy to use. I also have a Surface Pro 8 and it just can’t compete with the M1 MacBook Air.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. Thanks. Fortunately the OP has an NDX2.

There is also of course the option of running BubbleUPnP server on your network and using the Linn Kazoo Windows app.

@Richard.Dane I received a system message that my post clarifying the [edit] “thing” was removed. Not sure if my reply to this system message was delivered to you. Could you PM me please? I’m confused, the post by PW42 above is still here, I can’t understand what was wrong with mine. Thx

I’ve messaged you.

1 Like

Removed as it no longer makes sense. What’s the difference to my normal posts I hear you cry… :slight_smile:

@Richard.Dane can clarify :slight_smile:

I removed as Naim’s R&D would rather the web client wasn’t used as it’s limited and unsupported.

Now you have to remove your post :smiley: (I edited the bad word out of my remaining above post as well)

1 Like

I removed my post….

The Naim app is for iOS and Android only. If you really want to run it on a PC you might try using an Android emulator.

1 Like

Thanks all.

I think I’ll resurrect an Android phone for my wife for the NDX / Naim App.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.