Installing lms-to-upnp Plugin to Roon enable NDS

Having reread the Audiostore instructions, I’m not sure that I can add another Naim output.

Nope it will only do one machine at a time the sonore plugin. That’s the advantage of this one, if you can get it to work mind. I tried and failed to get two devices to work. Reminded me of why I left UPnP behind many many years ago as it’s not really universal every manufacturer seems to play with it a bit or not support some feature.

2 Likes

JD, I am going to go ndx2 for the latest streaming platform. I really don’t want to use an unsupported 3rd party upnp bridge with roon, I want to use the supported roon end point that is built in to the ndx2. Further, I doubt I will go to the 555ps and instead stick with my xps2dr. Lastly, I now listen 90%+ to tidal, so local streamed music is a secondary factor.
As to comparing roon support with an nds, this might be possible in the UK but here in Canada it is not not realistic.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification - I seem to recall that’s what Martin told me, but reading the instructions again confused me. Hence the attempt at running lms to UPnP.

I guess I should bite the bullet and try identifying another output for the Black Box.

I’m perfectly happy with the SonoreUPnP Bridge to my NDS.
The Bridge runs on an UltraRendu with UltraCap LPS PSU.

Just waiting for my microSD with latest set of software, SO 2.8, for the UltraRendu. However the SO 2.6/2.7 versions have worked without issue for the last 18 months.

The Audiostore products appear to update to Sonicorbiter 2.8 online (without the need for an SD card) but that hasn’t worked on my device. Have any if you experienced this issue?

Keith

I’ve found Lms-to-upnp is able to output to my Naim NDS, 3 X Muso QB’s, a Yamaha MusicCast and a Panasonic Allplay device.

Whilst you cannot do multiroom synchronization it does mean that I have one application able to control all these devices.

2 Likes

I have the same issue …
Bliss updated when I tried to update to 2.8 but nothing else.
I dropped a line to Martin but he seems to be away.

1 Like

Thanks,

I guess it’s good it’s not just me. Please share if Martin comes back to you. I’ll do the same if I get to him first.

Keith

2 Likes

Morning Keith
Martin came back to me this morning to say that the sonicorbiter upgrade is just for Rendu stuff, but that a server update is on its way …
Best
Steve

2 Likes

Many thanks :+1:

Keith

1 Like

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread - I have followed this and the other thread to the letter and can now see my Muso & QB as Squeezeboxes. I have renamed them once I id’d the boxes from their MAC addresses.

The problem is that I can set a track to play, but I get no sound and the time bar at the bottom doesn;t move or the tracked seconds increment. I have set the roon mode to 1 and using the latest package (1.26?) that I could find.

It’s running on a Windows Server 2016, where my library also sits.

So in summary, I can see the endpoints, but I can;t get any music.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JOhn

Hi jchasty, I have exactly the same problem (except that I’m on Mac OS X).
Have you figured it out ?

I’m not a MAC person but I would check your firewall as I know this resolved @jchasty 's issue. If you can disable it completely albeit temporarily to see if that’s what your problem is.

Thanks, I’ve turned it off but it didn’t solve the problem :disappointed_relieved:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.