Interchangeability of Burndy's

Good Morning All,

I’m in the midst of buying a UBG NAC 252 c/w SCDR which will replace my NAC 82 c/w SC.

I plan on moving the SC to powering the SNAXO 3-6.

I believe I need a 17pin Burndy to connect the SC to the SNAXO?

Does this mean I can’t use the Burndy cable currently connecting the SC to the NAC 82? I’m sure somebody somewhere advised that it would work but I can’t find the reference now.

Regards

Richard

Drop an email to Naim support

The SNAXO requires a SNAXO Burndy (IIRC also used for the Superline) for powering from a Supercap.

You won’t have a Burndy between the NAC82 and Supercap - you will just have a pair of SNAIC5s.

GavinB/ Richard.Dane,

Thanks to both. I’m now a bit annoyed with myself as I get really irritated when people ask questions which they can easily find the answers to themselves.

On this very MacBook what I’m typing this reply I have a Naim Brochure folder withe Naim Olive Pre-amp Ownrs Manual which very clearly shows a NAC82 connected to a Supercap with two SNAIC cables.

I’m going to crawl in to a corner now… and then come out again and order a cable from WitchHat…

Regards

Richard

Be aware that i don’t think they sell Naim cables.

1 Like

Richard,

Check out -

Regards

Richard

Richard, please take a moment to read the forum rules. Note that commercial links are not allowed in the Hifi Corner.

These are not Naim-made cables, they are 3rd party “substitutes”. Note that non-Naim SNAICs and Burndy cables constitute an unauthorised modification to Naim equipment and their discussion is not allowed on here; at best, their use will not give you Naim’s desired performance, at worst, they may well end up damaging your Naim equipment. Note that any consequent damage may not be covered under any Naim warranty.

Richard,

Apologies for this.

Regards

Richard

1 Like

A friend purchased a pre-loved Supercap to upgrade the Hicap on his Snaxo. Only burndy dealer had in stock was a Witch Hat one so he borrowed that to try. Asked me round to double check the setup and just because I could I brought along my Naim Snaxo Burndy.
Long story short, he finished the evening running a Snaic between the Supercap and Snaxo and next morning returned the Witch Hat Burndy and ordered a genuine Naim one.
I’d certainly suggest you do the comparison before parting with your money.

Regards,

Willy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.