Interconnect between Supercaps in active system

My system comprises:
52+Supercap
SNAXO242+Supercap
2 x CB250
SBLs

I’ve got a question about the interconnect I can use between the supercap feeding my 52 and the supercap feeding my SNAXO242.

At the moment I’m using a grey SNAIC to pass audio between the two Supercaps but I believe only three of the connections are used (earth, L, R). I don’t believe that HiLine is made in the necessary 4-4 configuration.

SuperLumina seems to be available in 4-4 but I’m wincing at the price… what would my options be from Naim? Would a 4-4 ‘Active’ cable be second best?

I only ask because I think the HiLine that replaced the 5-5 Interconnect between my nDAC and 52 has made the system a little more enjoyable and I wonder if there is also a gain to be had on this link in the chain.

From the SNAXO242 I’m using the default Naim cables to the 250s.

Thanks for your thoughts… !

The grey Snaic is really old. I’d suggest you swap it for a new black Snaic 4-4.

1 Like

You need a black SNAIC4 - it’s a very worthwhile upgrade over the earlier grey one.

Hmmmmmmmmm. No power supply in SC-SC or DIN-XLR cables!

Definitely change to the later black Snaic at least. A very cost effective upgrade.

I did the switch to the the SL one and I have to be honest it is probably the most cost effective upgrade I have ever made. Better than a new box!

Certainly get the best you can afford there.

Bruce

Was that the 4-4 Active lead @BruceW ?

Sorry SW, A non-Naim SNAIC is a non-Naim SNAIC, and not to be discussed let alone recommended on here.

I’ll settle for a T-shirt on Friday :laughing:

1 Like

Indeed.

I found it gave a better uplift than swapping from Hi Line to SL interconnect on my NDS source for instance. Putting your best PS on the crossover also makes a lot of difference suggesting that this part of an active system is maybe a bit if a ‘choke’ point?

Bruce

Interesting. Thanks. It’s about the cheapest Superlumina interconnect but even so a substantial investment. My local dealer isn’t a fan of SL so looks like I’ll need to head further afield again to see if I can borrow one to test that out.

Definitely try to borrow. I was a bit of a sceptic but it really worked in my system and I have seen others say the same.

Bruce

Thank you all. Plenty of food for thought!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.