Interconnect cables for NSC222 To ATC SCM50 Active loudspeakers

Can anyone suggest the best interconnect cables for the above system?

I have no idea of what the best are but I use Chord Clearway XLR (2m) between my 222 and ATC 50 Actives and they work fine.
Paul.

1 Like

ATC can supply suitable cables I believe, and basic/good XLR cables can be purchased from Belden, Mogami and the like, but the HiFi critic review on the ATC 50 actives mentioned that upgrading cables made a significant improvement to the sound. I use 2m runs of Chord Music for my 50s. They certainly made a difference but at quite a price.

“Made a difference”, I’m interested in your baseline.
Your cables are 40 times more expensive than the ones that I have. Was your baseline doorbell wire?

1 Like

My active SCM40s were supplied with cables. All I had to do was to specify the length. I presume it’s the same with the 50s and I’d start with those, on the basis that ATC know what they’re doing. Perhaps experiment with alternatives after that. I’ve not bothered – too busy enjoying the music.

Roger

1 Like

My ATC 50 Actives, 222 and cables were bought as a package. Audio T reccomend the cables which work fine.
I don’t consider hi-fi to be my hobby, I am just passionate about good music. Got there, not interested in playing around in the weeds.
Paul.

1 Like

The baseline was actually Chord Sarum T, and the Music was enough of an improvement for me to pay the extra for Music. To me, Music was almost like adding extra Watts to the 50 amp packs, better control, more dynamic and just a lot clearer, but that’s in the context of my system and YMMV. As Roger suggests the ATC supplied cable may be all you ever need? As I said the HiFi Critic review suggested that the ATC supplied cables held the speaker back in terms of ultimate performance, but that’s their opinion, it’s yours that counts.

Thanks for the responses. I am still waiting for delivery of the system. However during my various auditions I listened to them through a basic set of cables costing about £150 and also through a set of Nordsort Red Dawn balanced cables. There was quite an improvement using the Nordsort cables. I will have to make a decision before.they arrive, unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be anywhere I can go to listen to the system through any of the more expensive cables.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.