Interior wall finishes

I’m with you, not a huge fan of dry wall. We’re planning on using feature recycled brick and shiplap. Dry wall can be boring if over used.

We’re also planning on use some art deco type wall paper.

I like that………very well thought out👍

Woodchip wallpaper.

Might seem odd for a high end finish, but I have always loved that oatmeal on the wall look.
With some net curtains to finish it off.

3 Likes

Typical decoration in Germany. We will have a rendering that will be done by a good professional firm. Not cheap but should be good and solid with a rough surface

I wasn’t over keen on this when we moved in 10 years ago, but I’ve come to appreciate its acoustic properties.

French Crepi.

1 Like

:+1:

Had Oak Acupanels fitted into the ceiling of our extension (which is still awaiting a few finishing touches). Look great in the flesh and definitely reduced the echo somewhat when installed.

Builder was sceptical but now a convert and is recommending them to other clients.

4 Likes

Auralic kit looks great alongside Classic. Considering it for myself when I change the NDX.

1 Like

Or something with a bit of color :wink:

8 Likes

Nice contrast with the grey. Stylish. :+1:t2:

Things are advancing with the building. All the electrics are done. Needed to cut vertically into the breeze blocks for the sockets. Ventilation system installed. Trunking work was quite nicely done.

Due to the French summer holidays we are on hold for a few weeks now. Next will be a “crepi” using a product called weberlite F with an off white colouring which will be projected onto breeze block walls using a machine. Then it will be a “gratté” finish which in the end should be good.

Hopefully we will be finished for end of September where I plan to start moving in the hifi system from Germany.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.