We have just launched the 3rd generation of our acclaimed NAIT and SUPERNAIT integrated amplifiers. The NAIT XS 3 and SUPERNAIT 3 each enjoy significant performance upgrades, plus now both include built-in phono stages, making them a perfect partner for turntables, as well as for streamers, CD players, or any other music source people want to enjoy with the signature Naim sound. Like their famous predecessors, both integrated amplifiers are handmade in Salisbury, UK.
In the six years since the last NAIT integrated amplifiers were released, our research and development team have worked on a range of amplifier improvements, detailed below. The result is upgraded power amplifier sections for both NAIT XS 3 and SUPERNAIT 3, delivering greater pace and intimacy to their musical delivery – whether they’re driving a pair of loudspeakers or your favourite pair of headphones.
The new phono stages built into NAIT XS 3 and SUPERNAIT 3 are based on classic Naim designs and crafted from audiophile-quality components – expertly grouped and selected before manufacture for optimum accuracy.
The upgrades in more detail:
• Our R&D team have found a way to more than double the speed of the voltage gain stage, which in turn doubles the rate at which the speaker output stage can react.
• The second gain stage transistors have been optimised, so they no longer need to be shielded by a cascode stage transistor. Removing the cascode means less amplifier stabilisation is required: that doubles the slew rate and delivers an uplift in sound quality.
• The phono circuit topology comprises 3 stages: the gain stage, passive equalisation and final gain and active equalisation. This enables excellent noise performance, extended RIAA equalisation beyond the audio band and great overload headroom.
• All RIAA equalisation capacitors are ‘through-hole’ mounted film designs, with low microphonic pickup and excellent transient performance. As phono stages are 1000x more sensitive than other inputs, this greatly benefits the sound quality.
• Input impedance is 47kΩ in parallel with 470pF capacitive loading; the gain is perfect for 5mV moving magnet cartridges.
With our typical obsessive attention to detail – all in service of achieving the most authentic musical performance – the NAIT XS 3 and SUPERNAIT 3 also benefit from the following features:
• Class A headphone amplification
• Alps Blue Velvet volume control
• Reed relay input selection
• Ceramic insulators for the power transistors
• Galvanically isolated microprocessor control section
• Microphonic-isolating PCB mounts
Step up from the NAIT XS 3 to the SUPERNAIT 3 and you benefit from a range of superior features, all designed to deliver even better sound quality:
• Full 24V DR module built-in: enjoy the purer power and performance improvement of Naim’s Discrete Regulation technology for the entire pre-amp stage.
• Larger toroidal transformer in the power supply: provides greater power and speed of recovery
• Additional leaded through-hole components in the signal path: further minimises negative effects of vibration and transient thermal conditions
• Chassis-mounted input sockets hand-wired to the circuit boards: offers enhanced vibration isolation
• Full Balance control