iOS 15 and Naim app

Mine is also mobile capable.

Hi Clare. So…to connect the Toppin D10 to the Nova to get Hi Res Apple Music…What SHOULD I use? I find it hard to fathom a single RCA jack is best…

Sorry, but I don’t know the answer - no experience of the Toppin. I can ask tomorrow

1 Like

Stereo signals are not separated into two separate channels in digital cables. A standard RCA to BNC coax cable is all you need.

Ah…here it says “ If you have a better DAC , you can connect the coaxial /optical output of D10s to your DAC , then D10s serves as a USB interface” so…to use the Nova I’d use the coax/optical. This is what I’d want?

OK…I ordered that

So…I ordered the one above there with the RCA, but also bought today a digital optical cable. So I’m up and running. Like an idiot I bought the silver Toppin. :crazy_face: So I played a hi res Qobuz from my iPad and through the wired iPhone and both showed 44pcm on the Toppin. I played Airplay with an album I had downloaded prior to the Apple hi res and it showed 44 also. I dumped it and reloaded it, an Apple hi res master (Joni Mitchell/ Hissing of Summer…) and afterward now it shows 192. And sounds fantastic. Buh bye Qobuz…And by the way, the readout is a main reason I bought the Toppin. Now I can tell which Apple albums I’ve reloaded….oops….no…not there anyway? I have no clue what the 192 PCM is. When I began is read 44, then when I went to a Hi Res it changed. Now I’m played everything and the readout on the Toppin apparently isn’t changing from the 192 PCM. But…now on the Naim screen it shows the bit rate or whatever. It didn’t do that before. And I thought I’d need to access the Toppin through the Digital sources tab but apparently not. When I click the digital source tab where I have the Toppin plugged in there is no options. I just control the music as always. I’m confused…

Hi Clare,

Did you get an answer on this from @tomvamos and the team, that is why the Naim app does not appear under Settings on an iPad but does on my iPhone?

Ian

You seem to have jumped into the wrong thread, here - it is about iOS and the Naim app

1 Like

Hi Clare,

Did you manage to get any explanation from @tomvamos at your Monday meeting on the iPad Naim app not appearing under Settings in iOS while the iPhone does?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Ian

Schrödingers app?

G

1 Like

It’s being worked on, but nothing definitive yet.

Thanks, Clare, I appreciate the response given how busy you all are at Naim meeting demand in difficult times. On a very positive note, I got my ND5XS2 and Nait XS3 last October and playing the music has been a source of great joy and a haven of peace in these trying times. Maybe I have been lucky, but I’ve had no issues, and all software and firmware updates have been effortless - same with my Muso V1 of many years. I use an Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 to hold my library and as Roon Core and stream via Qobuz using either the Naim app and Roon. Altogether a very pleasurable experience so far.

Cheers, Ian

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.