iOS metadata editor… recommendations?

I plan on doing a small amount of metadata editing on my ripped flac files. My files are on a thumb drive that I can connect to my iPad Air 5th gen with a USB C hub. I was hoping you knowledgeable folks would have some recommendations!

I found this thread:

but it is a few years old now…

Ideally I would edit the file directly on the thumb drive, but it might be that I need to copy them to iPad first (I will experiment).

Thanks in advance!

Mark

The one I use & it does it all & far more than I would ever use is MP3Tag … open source (free) but voluntarry donations are requested
Don’t be out off by the MP3 name, it does all the lossless & lossy format/codec

2 Likes

Is that available for iOS or iPadOS? I’m looking in the App Store (UK) and failing to find it…

I assume you dont have access to a PC or Mac, as that would be far far better and easier to manage

Not that I’m aware, not even sure how to upload a FLAC file on a tablet type device, plus I suspect a non Apple licenced FLAC on an iPad might cause issues with Apple.

I use a proper grown up Windows 11 computor

Not currently… I am “between Macs” ATM.

1 Like

Ah OK. MP3Tag is available in the App Store for Macs, so as you probably know, once you have purchased it the once, it will be on all your Macs forever more

1 Like

For IOS, there is a version of MP3Tag available under the name Evertag. I have never used the PC or MAC versions of MP3Tag so I can’t vouch for how similar it is, but it certainly works. It is not well documented though and the developers don’t respond to emails.

Aaaahhh… I did see Evertag, but was not aware of its “provenance”… worth a punt I think :+1:t2:

I use Metadatics, great functionality and (for me) an intuitive interface.

I was using it yesterday to ‘curate’ a digital album of guide tracks for my wife’s choir - so it provides track numbering and you can choose your own cover art.

For some weird reason I never have cover art set when I download individual pieces from Apple’s music store, so I use it to set the artwork.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Metadatics is very good, and has long been the go-to metadata editor for OSX, but there is no iOS version.

I didn’t realise this, Chris, not a problem for me I do all the metadata editing on my laptop.

:slightly_smiling_face:

So do I (except for CD rips, where I use a Naim ripper that has an iOS app) but the OP wants to use an iPad. I’m sure there’ll be a suitable app out there somewhere.

Are you sure it’s the same people?

I find Florian of mp3tag very communicative so this aspect sounds quite unlike him.

.sjb

I think it’s not the same developers, but I believe they start with the Mac version of the MP3Tag.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.