IR extender on Supernait 3

Hi all,

I own a Supernait 3, but it’s hidden behind a door. Now I figured I would extend the IR using the jack on the back of the Supernait and a relatively cheap IR Receiver cable. I plugged it in, but it doesn’t seem to work. Is there a specific type of cable or repeater I need to use?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

IIRC. As well as Naim’s own app automation, there are a few automation companies like Control 4, Crestron etc… whose devices will work with the RC5 remote jack. Otherwise, I know some have built their own, and if you can find one that is compliant with RC5 protocol then it may work (but may not, so risky). However, if you just want a cheap and easy off the shelf solution you should just use an IR repeater. The IR receiver of the Supernait 3 is located within the front logo so it should be easy to install it so it’s unobtrusive.

1 Like

I have a similar set up that is hidden by a settee from my listening position. I considered a repeater setup until Richard suggested just pointing the rc at an opposite wall. I now operate my stereo by pointing the rc at my Samsung curved screen tv and it reflects beautifully onto my Naim units.

3 Likes

I used a Niles IR repeater in to the rear “remote in” on a 202/282/252 progression with no issues. Must be other brands out there as well.

1 Like

It might be just me, but there is no way to adjust volume through the Naim app, right?

Yes, you can do this if you have a Naim streamer (I see you have an ND5XS?). You’ll need to connect via the Remote IN/OUTs on the Supernait and ND5XS and enable system automation on the App.

1 Like

Thanks Richard! Will look into this, that would be just perfect!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.